Chapter Twenty Six: Grief

After we get Bob moved to the office with Sasha we gather around and try to think of a plan.

"They think they're in control." Rick was saying, I was trying to pay attention, but I was still confused. "We're in here they could be anywhere. But we know exactly where they are."

"Plans got stones, I'll give you that." Abraham says.

"Make our move before they do." Glenn confirms.

"That's right," Rick says. "They are not counting on us thinking straight."

"Are we?" Rosita asks, looking to Rick then me and back. I glare at her. "I'm just making sure, it's a big play."

"Remember what these people are capable of," Rick tells her. "Tyreese." He calls to him.

"Yeah?"

"You up for this?" He's about to answer when Sasha comes out of the office.

"I'm coming with you." She says. I frown at her words.

"You should stay with Bob." Tyreese says what I'm thinking.

"No, I want to be out there. I want to be a part of this." She says angrily. Tyreese goes to talk with her and I turn my attention back to Rick.

"What about Daryl and Carol?" I ask, putting on Daryl's vest. Rick walks to me and places his hand on my shoulder.

"We will find them, or they will come back." He tells me. "Daryl would not have run off without a reason, you of all people know that." He says looking me in the eye. I nod to him, feeling a bit better. He was right. We finish making the plan from there and make our way out of the church.

We make our way out of the church, and make it look like we walked out to where they kept Bob. We then hid in the woods watching them go into the church when we know they are in trying to get to the others we make our way back. Rick and I both shoot the people at the door of the office.

"Put your guns on the floor." Rick tells them when they turn around in shock.

"Rick, we'll fire right into that office so you lower your gun..." Gareth starts, but Rick shoots him in the hand. "AH!!!"

"Put your guns on the floor and Kneel." Rick orders again.

"Do what he says," Gareth tells the others. Two of them do, one does not. "Martin there is no choice here."

"Yes, there is." Martin replies.

"Wanna bet? Abraham asks him when he makes his way around. I make my way to his other side with Michonne, I pick up the gun the girl had. Rick and Sasha make their way up the center aisle to Gareth, he turns and faces Rick.

"No point in begging, right?" He asks.

"No." Rick answers.

"Still you could have killed us when you came in, there had to be a reason for that."

"We didn't want to waste the bullets."

"We used to help people, we saved people. Things changed, they came in and..." Gareth groans for a sec on the floor. "After that... I know that you've been out there, but I can see it. You don't know what it is to be hungry. You don't have to do this we can walk away."

"Like you let us walk away?" I ask angrily.

"We will never cross paths again," Gareth turns to me for a sec. "I promise you."

"But you will cross someone's path," Rick tells him. "You'd do this to anyone, right? Besides, I already made you a promise." Rick says taking out his machete and slicing into Gareth. Michonne takes out the girl and Abraham takes out the other guy. Sasha deals with Martin, I turn around not watching as the screams feel my ears. I look at Maggie, seeing the horror on her face, I walk to her putting my hand on her shoulder, she looks at me away from it and I nod. We stay like that until it's done, both of us cringing every once in a while.