Chapter Four: One Gun and a Bullet.

After getting ready and packing up the whole entire campsite Shane calls everybody to order. "Alright everybody listen up, those of you with CBs we're going to be on channel 40. Let's keep the chatter down, okay? Now you got a problem and don't have a CB or can't get a signal or anything at all, you're going to hit your horn once and that'll stop the caravan, anybody got any questions?"

I look around to see everybody shaking their heads, but Morales speaks up.

"We're, we're not going." He steps forward.

"We have family in Birmingham," his wife explains "we want to be with our people."

"You go, your on your own, you won't have anyone to watch your backs." Shane says trying to convince them from leaving.

A sad goodbye is given to Morales's family I hug the kids and tell them to listen to their parents. In my heart I know I'll never see them again. Oh Lord and Lady keep them safe....Do I count them dead already? I think as I wave the goodbye to them.

We had only gone about 3 miles when the radiator hose gives out on us, "I told you we'd never get that far on that hose," Dale said to Rick as he waved his hat about trying to clear the smoke in the air. "I said I needed the one from the van."

"Can you jerry-rig it?" Rick asks.

"That's all it's been so far. It's more duct tape then a hose and I'm out of duct tape."

"There's nothing we can use?" I ask. Dale shakes his head "I see something up ahead a gas station if we're lucky." Shane says as he scouts the area with binoculars.

"Hey everyone, it's Jim, it's bad." We turn around to see Jackie. "I don't think he can take anymore." She says a she turns back into the RV.

"Hey, Rick you want to hold down the fort? I'll driver ahead and see what I can bring back." Shane suggests. Rick nods and heads to the RV.

"I'll come along too." T-Dog says. "Back you up."

Shane nods his head and turns to Dale and I. "You all keep your eyes open. We will be right back."

A good couple of minutes later Shane and T-Dog pull up they found a hose but we still can't fix the RV. Just then Rick comes out.

"Jim wants to be left here, it's what he says he wants." Rick says shocking us all.

"And he's lucid?" Carol asks.

"He seems to be." Rick nods.

"Back in the camp, when I said Daryl might be right and you shut me down, you misunderstood me," Dale speaks up. "I would never go along with callously killing a man. I was just going to suggest that we asked him what he wants and I think we may have the answer now."

Shane shakes his head. "So we just leave him here? We take off? Man, I'm not sure I could live with that."

"I don't think I can either, but it's Jim's decision and he's made up his mind." I say as I shake my head. That's 4, no, 3 people dead now. Not including Morales's family.

Rick and Shane go to the RV and get Jim. We place him under a tree and give him a gun with one bullet. We all say goodbye and leave.

On the way to the CDC, I write in my journal about Jim and Morales's family. I don't want to forget about anyone. This journal holds everything that's happened since Rick went into a coma. I guess you can say it's my story of the Apocalypse.