Chapter 22

(Althea)

After Batchi and I talked last night we decided to roam more around. In Manila, kahit madaling araw sobrang dami pa din ng mga tao.

We also decided to sneak on Jade's room. She was sleeping peacefully. Umuwi si Batchi after and watched Abby and Marinell sleeping.

Ngayong umaga, lumabas ako. Alam ko gusto ni Batchi sila lang dalawa ni Abby ang mag-uusap. I don't know if Wila knew about Batchi and Abby's status.

And of course, a pair of crimson eyes are watching me. "You can come out you know" I rolled my eyes. I sensed it was Luciana.

"What do you want?" I asked her. After a week nagpakita ulit sya. Nagkibit balikat sya. Now, she's wearing jeans and a boots. Wearing shades also.

"You look fab" puna ko. "This makes me scratch my body. Mas nakakahiyang mag suot ng long coat sa ganitong lugar."

"Now you do understand what a modern world feels like" I sigh. "Anyway, what do you want?" I asked her.

"She was with you the last time" she said. I nod.

"She's in her feeble point. But, I am here, warning you" She whispered. Lumingon ako sa kanya.

"Stefan is about to get you. No matter how you hide, he can find you and you know that" she whispered.

"I honestly don't know what to do." Sagot ko. "I'd rather surrender than see him kill my family" I stated.

"He can't kill you, you know"

She dart her eyes on the other side. "Even I do want to kill Isabela, it's gonna be the end of my life too. As well as Valentina the fact that Stefan wanted to kill Valentina for loving Juliana." mahina nyang sabi.

This is the reason why, they can't kill the Azrael Princesses.

I gritted my teeth. Once na mapatay ang isang Azrael Princess, isa isang maglalaho o mamamatay din ang dalawang prinsesa. Very odd right. A blood companion happened thousand years ago between the Princesses of Azrael.

"As long as I can keep Isabela away from you, I will. But, the more she do things that may harm the three of us. Its gonna be the end of my life and hers too" she whispered. I nod.

It is difficult for her to take the risk. "I want to live longer than him. I want to explore everything about the new world. I want to fall in love just like you and Valentina" she smiled a little bit.

"If I could just stop..." she whispered. I know what she wants. She wants to roam free just like me. But, whenever she wanted to be happy palaging may pumipigil sa kanya.

"What a fate for immortals like us" She whispered. "I hate the sun here" ngibit nya.

"I know. That's what I said when I came here." I stated. Tumawa sya. "You couldve choose a better place you know. Not here." Naiiling na sabi nya.

My phone rings. "Your sister is calling" Lucy said. Chineck ko ang phone and si Batchi nga ang tumatawag. How come she knows? Confuse akong nakatingin kay Lucy habang inislide ang green buttong ng call.

"Yes Batch" Sagot ko sa call.

"Chong, san ka?" She asked. I could sense hurt. "At the park." Sagot ko. "Andito ko sa bahay ni Abby. Pwede mo ba ako puntahan?" She stated.

"Sure. I'll be there in 10 mins" sagot ko. "Okay. Thanks. Bye" she ended the call.

Lumingon ako kay Luci. Nakatingin din sya saken.

"Can I come?" She asked suddenly.

"Ahhmm" I doubtly respond. "Sure. Sige" sagot ko.

Tumayo sya and put her hand in her coat's pocket.