Chap 18 - Mom

After a whole fifteen minutes of trying to wipe this stupid smug that I have on my face, I gave up. Reached home safely, entered the door and that's when I realize what time it was.
I might not be a high schooler, but I still have a curfew because I live with my parents. Ugh. I know I said before that I was 18, but I'm turning 19 on the 20th of March, which is in... I don't know, two weeks or so? I've been meaning to get a place of my own, but my parents and I have some concerns.
I crept through the wooden planked floor in darkness and-
Boom. Lights shone over me like I'm the chosen one for I don't even fucking know what. I squinted and took a minute to adjust to the sudden deathly brightness.
Since I was still adjusting to the lights, I could make out a figure standing in the doorway. "AAAAHH," I screamed through my palm that was placed over my mouth when the figure came closer and closer and closer and... It was my mom.
This time she put her hand over mine to shut me up. "Shhh!" She hissed, "Your father is already asleep."
"Why aren't you asleep?" I hissed back which seemed to be the wrongest question ever. "Why weren't you home before 12?"
"Mom, I'm eighteen, going to be nineteen," I groaned. "Excuse me? If you don't recall, you are living under the roof of Arthur Stainfield, and he says you have a curfew set young lady."
I groaned louder now. "Where is Natasha?" Mom asked, taking suspicion when I came home alone. "Uhhh, she walked home after she dropped me off," I answered nervously.
"Walked home? I thought she was going to stay over since you guys were using the same car," mom was taking more suspicion in this tiny matter. Okay maybe it wasn't tiny, considering I almost got arrested.
"Her mum said she had to go home," I shrugged, hey, at least a part of it is true. "Why? Because she also had a curfew?" Mom raised her eyebrow. "No mom. Family business and FYI, she doesn't have a curfew," which was also true, Natasha told me on the 18th birthday last year that her parents made a few changes in her life and one of it is she doesn't have a curfew. And her parents don't even care about her studies so basically, she be chilling at home while mom and dad wants me to go to college and boring stuff like that. Honestly, I just want to continue my music career. I mean, how do successful artists and singers become hella good and popular? It's because most of them QUIT THEIR STUDIES, DROPPED OUT OF SCHOOL AND THEY TURN OUT PERFECTLY FINE.
"Whatever Hailey. My point is-" I cut her off as you can tell, "I know I know, curfew, college and yada yada yada."
             So the silence she gave in return made me feel guilty for replying in such way. "So how was the date?" She asked, recovering from a few minutes ago.
             "Firstly, it was a dinner date. I was eating with four different guys," I pointed out. "It's a quadruple date!" She exclaimed like a little kid when she found out an answer to a math question.
                "At the same time," I added to my previous sentence. "Alright, alright fine, you win. Why are you denying it anyways?" Good question mom, good question. Actually, what am I denying?
               Mom yawned when I kept quiet. "Okay I gotta sleep, there's mash potatoes if you're hungry," she stretched tiredly.
               "I'm hungry for Calum," I muttered unexpectedly. WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTFAYWYAHWKAOWKALQLSJSNSGTWFAFWTFSTWGF. What did I just say, omg.