Chap 16 - Saved by Calum

"Sorry, can't do that," Calum said. Talk about thug life. "Well why not," Mr. Officer asked in Calum's defiance. "I'm suppose to perform tomorrow," I can see now he's hiding a huge smile.
"For?" He was getting really impatient. Probably thinking this was some kind of teenage games.
              "A band in KLCC," he couldn't contain his smile now. The officer groaned, "That one."
"Are you playing an important role in the band?" He asked in that kind of tone where you really want to get someone in trouble. "Kinda," Calum shrugged. "Kinda?" He challenged.
"Bassist. And I have some parts to sing too," he said. "Well, having to pay a fine is not going to be a very good thing to add to your reputation, now is it?" The officer clutched his pen and little notepad. "No sir," Calum kept his voice smooth and calm.
"Very well, I don't want to see you," he paused and turned to me, "and you, driving around without licenses. Understand?"
"Understood," Calum answered, relieved. "Understood," I answered, grateful. "Wait so you're letting us go?" I asked carelessly.
I felt a hand bump mind with a strength that was too strong to be playful. "Uh I mean, thanks," I looked down to the steering wheel, my feet ready to stomp the gas pedal.
"Hurry before I change my mind," he grumped. He walked off to his car and I drove off carefully as if he would change his mind in a flash and come running back to us with a fine ticket.
"I saved your skin back there. No thanks?" Calum said, being the first to speak for about 2 minutes after the incident. "Just give me a moment before I crash the car and I must say, it'll be worse than having to pay a fine."
He and I gave myself a moment to breathe. "Thanks," I said after taking a relieving puff of air into my sucked up lungs.
He grinned and that was the last I ever heard of him ever since. At least verbally. He started a Twitter riot right after he grinned.
"Almost had to pay a fine :)" Calum5SOS tweeted. My phone buzzed when he Tweeted. Luckily, I could charge my phone so yeah.
"It's been 2 hours since you've been separated from us and you 'almost had to pay a fine' smh" Luke commented. "You make it sound like I need you to live 😒" Calum commented back. "That's it 5SOS is over" Michael joined it.
"Hi guys, just a little update, 5sos is over bye" Michael Tweeted. A fresh new wave of sad and disappointed comments and of course, gossip. I liked everything, but didn't make myself visible.
"What? 4 real?" Ashton's blurriness made me laugh just a tiny bit. "Wow" Luke commented directly to Ashton, which made me laugh louder and harder.
Panic rose like an erupting volcano as people were gullible enough to believe Michael's sarcastic Tweet or maybe I'm just the one who's looking over things. But I don't think they'd split, would they? I mean Zayn Malik left One Direction but that doesn't mean no shit (no h8 pls, I heart 1D).
Well, all in all, I really hope they don't mean it because they could make really great music that instantly could make me think of spontaneous dance moves the first time I hear it.
I decided to turn on the radio to listen to some hot hits. Guess what came up. Not really a coincidence, since it's March, it's that time of the month where they blast 5 Seconds of Summer's music 24/7.
Castaway was my current fave. "YASSSSSSSSSS" Calum shouted over the music right after he turned up the volume. The music pounded through the speakers as though trying to break free from the speakers.
Before I knew it, he had his phone up, aiming to me. "The fuck are you doin'," I took a little peek sideways.
"Snappin'," he said in the most adorable voice ever.