Chap 17 - Snapchat

I shot a middle finger at his iPhone camera and I guess the snap ended 'cause he pulled his phone back and started typing some words, sheepishly grinning as he goes. It's quite an adoring view I have from the driver's seat.
We arrived at the hotel not long after that. "Hey could you uh, escort me to my room?" He looked down to his dark sneakers, hiding a tiny smile and rubbed his hand at the back of his neck. I want to fucking kiss him. But that's not the point.
"Who do you think I am?" I was trying to play at a joking tone but instead, it sounded a little wrong. Startled by my answer and more importantly, tone (I was startled myself), he looked up from his sneakers.
"Let's go dipshit," I smiled, hoping I sugarcoated what I said before. He returned me back a similar smile, except bigger.
Room 689 was standing right in front of our eyes. We were both contemplating whether I should knock, or him. And not to mention we were also contemplating whether we should ring the bell or knock the door. Smh.
Calum's fist hovered over the door, in position to knock when the door swung open.
Ashton, with his hands on hips and Luke popping out on his right and Michael on his left.
"Uhh hi," me and Calum said at the same time. We looked at each other and realized after that that the rest of the boys were expecting our full attention.
Ashton's motherly pose is really hilarious but I know very well now's not the time to fuck around.
"Hi?" Ashton asked dissatisfied. "How long have you been there?" Calum tried to change the subject by referring to the door swinging open when he hasn't even laid a finger on the door.
"I don't think that's the real question here," he put up a crossed face that kinda terrified me.
"Uhhh," I could tell, it was Calum's first experience of his friends acting like this.
Still with both hands on his hips, Ashton said, "Wait till our Manager gets ahold of this news." Okay now he seems like a clingy brother.
"Ummm," Calum's face didn't show any threatened look, scared, fear, or even... Anything.
"Holy fuck Calum," Michael shoved Ashton and Luke to his right. "You really don't care." I was relieved when Michael started to laugh at Calum's boldness.
"It's either that," Luke said then turned to look at Ashton, "or Ashton isn't scary enough." Ashton started to scratch his head, "Am I really not?"
Tbh, when he gets ahold of his drumsticks, I wouldn't even be alive to explain and describe him.
"I could've done a better job," Michael said before attempting to act (terribly) as a mother.
"Let Hailey be the judge of that," Ashton commented on Michael's acting. "Who knows, you might get good rating," Luke chipped in. I could see now that they were waiting for my judgement. I tried to put something out in the nicest way possible.
"Uhh, it's lucky that y'all are musicians and NOT actors," I stressed on the word 'not' clearly. They all laughed, even Michael. "Gee," he rolled his eyes, "I take that as 5 stars."
"Out of a hundred stars," Calum added. "That's barely an F-!" Ashton pointed out. They laughed even harder. I joined in too because why not.
"Kay, I've got to get going now," I told them. They all nodded and Calum said thanks with a smile. I don't even know why, I should thank him for a great night and I almost got him in trouble which would cost his career and reputation, we got into a series of argues and not forgetting what happened in the alley beside Starbucks.
Maybe he was doing it because his friends are here and it would be rude not to say thank you. I tried to convince myself. But it can't be, his smile was...not in the right place. If he was just doing it for his friends, his smile wouldn't be like that...sincere. He even had the time to add a tiny smirk.
I smiled back and left the hotel grounds. That smile that I gave Calum before I left never left my face ever since.