Chapter 11

Ezra's POV

The ship exited hyperspace and Lothal loomed in the distance.

"This it?" Barriss asked me.

"Yeah. Land the ship by Capital City," I told her.

《~》

I led Barriss into the bar belonging to Jho. "I don't know if he is still here. Or alive," I warned Barriss.

"As long as we have a way to communicate with Ahsoka."

The bar was moderately full when we walked in. I saw Jho behind the bar, glad he was alright.

As I approached the bar with Barriss behind me, Jho spotted us. He used his head to indicate the back room.

I walked into the room. "Good thing you are still alive. Kanan and Ahsoka came looking for you a little bit after you were caught," Jho told me.

"Not likely," I said.

"I am not sure what they wanted, but they said something about inquisitors and you having a gift," Jho said.

"Thanks for the information, Jho, but I came to you for something else," I said, pointing to Bariss.

"My name is Barriss Offee. I need you to send a transmission to Ahsoka Tano," Bariss explained.

"I don't know if I can get a transmission straight to Ahsoka, but I can try calling the Ghost crew," Jho offered.

"Every little bit helps," Barriss said.

《~》

Ahsoka's POV

"Commander, we haven't sensed anything with the Force. I don't know how we are going to find him," I sighed.

I was in a meeting with Commander Sato, Rex, Kanan, and Hera, discussing our situation with Ezra.

"And if we never find him?" Rex asked.

"Then he is left in the clutches of Empire," Hera said.

"We can't just leave him for dead!" I exclaimed.

"We did that a year ago and he escaped. Maybe he got out on his own," Kanan suggested, finally agreeing to be helpful on the matter.

"I wouldn't imagine him escaping the inquisitors so easily," I said.

"Beep!"

Chopper came barreling into the debriefing room, saying he had an incoming transmission.

"Play it," Kanan said.

A holoimage of Jho showed up.

"What is it, Jho?" Kanan asked.

"I have someone who wants to talk with Ahsoka. Privately."

Everyone looked around the room in confusion, but they all left.

"Who is it, Jho?" I questioned.

Jho stepped back to let a Mirialan step forward. I quickly reconized the face.

"Barriss! You're alive!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, I am. Ahsoka, I don't have a lot to explain-"

"I am not listening to anything you have to say! I can't trust you anymore! Barriss, you betrayed me! You framed me for murder!"

"Ahsoka, I came to apologize. I know what I did was wrong and I'm sorry."

"I need a little bit more than a sorry to forgive what you did. How did you find me anyway?"

"I was escaping from the Imperials when I came across someone. We escaped together and he told me he knew you."

"And who is this person?"

Barriss looked to someone behind her. When she looked back, she shook her head.

"He wishes not to be named," Barriss said.

"That doesn't really matter, Barriss. But if you only contacted me to apologize, then you are a little late."

"No! There is something else."

"What is it?"

"From information I have been gathering, I have figured something out."

"Yes, Barriss?"

"The Empire, from what I can tell, have started to gather up the next generation of Force-users."

"I have already figured that out. There are two inquisitors, The Seventh Sister and The Fifth Brother. They have been taking children. Most recently, a teenager from Lothal. The kid has been doing small jobs for the Rebellion, but when I tried to find him last, Jho told me he was taken."

I don't know why, but I just had to trust Barriss with this information. If she really wanted to be forgiven, I should at least try. We had been friends for so long.

"Who was the boy?" Barriss asked.

"He called himself Ezra. I'm not sure what his last name is."

A gleam of recognition shone in Barriss's eyes. She looked behind herself again quickly.

"Anything wrong, Barriss?" I asked.

"N-nothing. I have to go, Ahsoka. Thank you for trusting me again."