Chapter 14

Barriss' s POV

I sat down at one of the tables, followed by Ahsoka, Rex, Kanan, and Hera. "What did you want to discuss?" I asked.

"Barriss, we need to discuss about the inquisitors. They took Ezra, and they can take many more," Rex started.

"I wouldn't worry about Ezra," I said slowly.

"Why do you say that?" Hera asked.

"Well, I just think we should worry about what hasn't been done rather than what has," I said quickly. I glanced at Ahsoka who was giving me a hard glare. I could tell she still didn't trust me.

"Barriss, what do you know about Ezra?" Ahsoka questioned. "I can tell you know something."

"It doesn't matter what I know," I said.

"If it helps the situation, I think it does," Kanan said.

"Trust me, it doesn't. What we need to be discussing is how to track down these inquisitors and stop them. That is our main priority."

"Very well," Ahsoka said after a few heartbeats. "Let's discuss."

《~》

I followed Ahsoka and the rest onto a ship called the Ghost. It was supposedly owned by Hera. When we boarded, we were automatically greeted by a rusty astromech.

"Any troubles, Chopper?" Hera asked the droid.

In reply, he sent back a series of beeps that I could understand due to my training at the Jedi Temple. According to the droid, everything had stayed calm.

Hera moved to the cockpit and started to move the ship towards hyperspace. "Setting coordinates to meet back with the fleet," Hera reported.

"Commander Sato will want to hear about what we discussed. I will go commence a transmission," Ahsoka said.

"Tell him we should meet with him shortly," Kanan said.

《~》

Ezra's POV

I was sleeping. I didn't know my sleep would come with some sort of vision.

I was sleeping, but I opened my eyes to a battle scene. I was in the middle of fire fight in an Imperial base. There were TIEs in the sky, being shot down by none other than the Ghost.

I saw stormtroopers everywhere. They were shotting at something. I looked to see Barriss. She was yelling at someone.

I turned in the direction she was yelling. I saw Ahsoka and the crew of the Ghost, minus Hera and Chopper.

I tried to hear what Barriss was yelling.

"Kanan! We have to retreat!" Barriss yelled.

"Hera! We need a pickup!" Kanan shouted into his com.

"Just wait! My scanners show another ship entering the fight!" Hera said through the com.

I looked up and saw another ship. It was firing at the Empire. My vision started to fade.

《~》

I shot awake. I looked around to see I was still in my tower. I gave a sigh of relief.

What was that dream?