Chapter 13

Ahsoka's POV

"Barriss?" Rex and Kanan said at the same time. I just told them who the transmission was from.

"Barriss Offee? She is still alive?" Kanan asked.

"Yes, and she told me what we already know. That the inquisitors are trying to take the Force-sensitive children into custody. I told her we were searching for Ezra. She seemed to have known the name, but didn't give any information about it."

"Did she mention anything else?" Rex asked.

"Well, she said she escaped prison and met up with someone who knew how to contact me. She didn't tell me who though."

"And that's all she told you?" Rex asked.

"I'm afraid so," I said.

"We need to talk with Barriss. This is just too complicated to sort out on our own. We need the information she has. I suggest we go back to Lothal," Kanan said.

"I agree. We need to figure this out," I said.

《~》

The Ghost landed on Lothal. It was only Kanan, Rex, Hera, Chopper, and I on board. Zeb and Sabine had stayed with the fleet.

We all headed to Jho's to start the search.

《~》

We all entered the bar. It was empty except for Jho and someone who had their back to us, but I automatically knew who it was.

"Barriss."

At the sound of my voice, Barriss quickly turned and saw me. Her eyes quickly ran over the rest of out group, recognition gleaming in her eyes.

"Ahsoka! Rex! Caleb! Why are you here?" Barriss exclaimed.

(A/N For those of you who are not aware, Kanan's original name was Caleb Dume before Order 66. It is canon.)

"I go by Kanan now," Kanan quickly said. "And this is Hera."

Hera nodded to Barriss. We had left Chopper on the ship so he wasn't here.

"Why are you all here?" Barriss repeated.

"To clarify, and to figure things out," I said.

Barriss looked back at Jho. They seemed to have a silent conversation go through their heads. Finally, Jho nodded and went to the back room.

"What was that about?" Rex asked.

"He is calling someone who might help in these discussions," Barriss replied.

Jho came out soon. "He won't come," he said.

"I shouldn't known," Barriss muttered.

《~》

Ezra's POV

I fingered the com link Barriss had given me before I left the bar. She told me it was for if I ever changed my mind or was in need of assistance. She even went all formal and gave us codenames. Barriss was Renegade while I was Loner. So ironic.

I walked to my tower. Once I was inside, I had gotten a call from Jho. He told me Ahsoka and them were at the bar and they were having a meeting. He asked me to come but I declined.

I didn't want to be involved with them anymore. I didn't need anymore trouble involving stuff I was never apart of.

I grabbed the strange box I stole from Kanan. Thankfully, before Barriss and I left the prison, we had managed to retrieve my stuff.

Looking at the box now, I wondered, did I use the Force to open the box? It certainly wouldn't have been the most surprising thing I had discovered.

I sure was discovering everything these last few days, it seemed.