Chapter 29

Barriss's POV

"Off we go," Kanan said as he piloted the Phantom away from the Ghost.

It was decided that Ahsoka, Zeb, Kanan, and I would go down to the base while Sabine, Hera, and Chopper cover us in the air.

The Phantom started landing while the Ghost fired upon the base. "I'll stay here and and help cover. You three get in and tell me where to pick up the supplies," Kanan said.

"Let's go," Zeb said.

Ahsoka, Zeb, and I ran out of the ship as the door rose. As we passed stormtroopers, Zeb worked on shooting them down.

Quickly, we made it to the entrance of the loading bay of the base.

As we entered the giant entrance to the bay, for some reason I could swear I felt something, or someone, pass by me.

I paused for a moment before following the rest. "I see the supplies!" Zeb called out, pointing out a stack of crates near the back of the bay.

"I'll call Kanan. Zeb, you and Barriss get to those crates and secure them," Ahsoka said.

"On it," I said.

Zeb made our way over to the crates successfully. Ahsoka joined us shortly. "Kanan is on his way," she reported.

"Zeb, go and make sure Kanan knows where we are," Ahsoka directed.

As Zeb made his way back to the entrance, Ahsoka turned to me. "Here," she said.

I looked to what Ahsoka was holding out in her hand. "You are giving me one of your lightsabers?" I asked.

"I guess I am learning to trust you. Plus, both of us can use the Force. Might as well have the weapon that goes along with it," she said.

I put my pistol on my belt holster and grabbed the lightsaber. I activated the elegant white blade and worked with Ahsoka to deflect shots from surrounding troopers.

"Just like old times," I said.

"Only too familiar. There's Zeb and Kanan," Ahsoka said.

I looked to see Zeb followed by the Phantom. "I'll get the crates," I said.

As I started to activate the anti-gravity on the crates, I felt the gust of wind again. I paused, breathing slowly.

As I tried to figure out what the gust was, I was interrupted by a grinding sound. I looked up from the crates to see the door to the loading bay closing.

The Phantom docked by the crates and we quickly started to load the crates. Ahsoka and I continued to block shots from various troopers.

"This was a trap!" Kanan exclaimed.

"It seems so," I said.

"We can discuss this once we get out of here!" Zeb said as the last crate was loaded.

"Not so fast!" A voice yelled.

We all turned around to see the source. I saw an Imperial ISB agent. I didn't know him, but the crew must have had some history with him. The troopers in the bay stopped firing.

"Agent Kallus!" Zeb growled.

"I see you have fallen into yet another one of my traps," the agent smirked.

"Not for long," Kanan said.

He Force-pushed Kallus back and few feet, Kallus falling down in the process. As he did so, stormtroopers in the bay resumed firing at us.

Thanks to Ahsoka's and my work, there were few troopers left, and were all quickly disabled.

"Barriss, go open the door!" Kanan said.

As I ran to a control panel by the entrance, I looked back and noticed something was missing.

"Where is-"

I was interrupted by a piercing pain in my shoulder blade. I looked behind me to see Agent Kallus holding a blaster.

It was pointed at me.

"Ahsoka!" I yelled as Kallus started firing at me. I tried my best blocking the Imperial's shots, but it didn't work so well with one arm.

I sensed Ahsoka come up beside me, but instead of stopping and blocking shots, she ran straight towards Kallus.

With speed and agility you could only get from the Force, Ahsoka expertly used her saber to cut the agent's blaster in half. In the same move, she landed behind the stunned agent and put her blade to his throat.

"You are beat," Ahsoka said.

《~》

I sat down on the floor as Zeb and Ahsoka tied Kallus up. Kanan was looking at my shoulder.

"You should be fine," he said.

"Kallus is taken care of. Let's get these supplies and go," Zeb said.

Kanan helped me up and we ran to the ship with Ahsoka while Zeb got the door.

Kanan directed the ship to the door. Zeb had not yet made it to the control panel, and I willed him to hurry. I didn't want to be here longer then I had to.

Finally, Zeb made it to the panel. He pressed a few buttons and gave us a thumbs up. But as Zeb started to make his way back to the ship, two problems arised at the same time.

Problem number one.

"You are not going anywhere."

Aw, the Seventh Sister and Fifth Brother were here. Wonderful.

Problem number two.

Just as the inquisitors entered the bay from a side door, I could hear a faint ticking sound. I looked around the bay until I pinpointed it.

Right above the entrance to the bay, which had stopped opening thanks to the inquisitors, was a bomb that just happened to go off.

As the Imperial loading bay collapsed, I opened the door to the Phantom, allowing Zeb to enter.

Oh, yes, what a wonderful day it has been.