Chapter 3

Niklaus's POV

I was talking with Marcel but I couldn't help but sometimes look at Lydia, she's so beautiful and I can see that there's something more about Lydia then appears, I wanted to know her better but right now wasn't the right time, I am with Marcel and he wouldn't shut up if I let him alone, besides she probably sees me as Hope's father or the Hybrid. I'm sure she wouldn't like to be with someone like me... What am I thinking? I shouldn't do this to Caroline, but then I remember what Marcel told me and he might be right, it's not like I am over Caroline but she probably don't want anything to do with me and I need to move on. But right now I still don't want any relationships.

Lydia was now coming to our table, smiled to us and asked "There is anything more you would like?"

"No, but thanks." I said with a sincere smile.

"Everyone is leaving. What do you think about staying here with us for a minute?" Marcel asked.

"I'm not sure. It's my first day and..."

"Hey! Everyone left, what are you doing?" Hope asked us.

"So when there isn't anyone else you want to hang out with your father..." I said with a smirk.

"Dad, I already told you that I like to be with you, just not when I'm working or when you call me those nicknames you give me when I was a baby." Hope said, then added "I'm going to the bathroom."

"Why does she talk like that to me?" I asked Marcel.

"Well..." Lydia said to herself making me look at her.

"What? Did I said something wrong?" I asked her.

"No, but she probably doesn't like to have a overprotective father."

"Are you telling me I am a bad father?" I asked her angry because for how much beautiful she was, she didn't knew me and I don't permit nobody telling me something like that because it's worse then when people call me bastard.

"No, of course not. Actually I would like to had a father that cared about me as much as you care about Hope. She's lucky to have a father like you." She told me, I try to see if it was sarcasm or just a lie so I wouldn't kill her but all I see in her beautiful green eyes is honesty.

"Thank you." I said and rest my hand above her's, I notice she blushed a little but she took her hand from mine.

"Okay. What are going to do now?" Hope asked while getting back to our table.

"I probably am going back to Marie's motel..." Lydia said.

"No way. I won't be here alone with Marcel and my father." Hope said and after a few hesitant seconds she nodded.

"So... What do you plan to do?" Lydia asked us.

"Let's go make a marathon of tv shows." Hope said excited.

"Fine by me." Lydia said.

"Me too." I said and Marcel told us that he prefer to go home, which I actually prefer too because then he wouldn't be flirting with Lydia, I don't know why I don't like it, but I just don't like it.

We went to the Quarter and saw Rebekah reading a magazine.

"Hey Bekah! This is Lydia."

"What? Is our new human?" Rebekah asked without looking at her.

"Actually I'm a vampire." Lydia said making my sister looking at her because she's not used to people talking back at her, even I was impressed that she talked back at my sister.

"I like you." Rebekah said with a smile making me smirk.

"And I like your shoes."

"Thanks." Rebekah said then look at my daughter and said "I think we have a new girl with whom we are going to shop with."

"I would love that!" Lydia said with her beautiful smile.

Then I, my sister, my daughter and Lydia went to the couch and start to see some tv show that Hope liked, aka FRIENDS, it is her favorite tv show and she laughs every time like it if was the first time which is understandable, I seat on the left of the couch, in my right was Lydia and next to her my daughter, then in a armchair was my sister.

"I love this tv show!" Lydia said excited making me chuckle to myself.

She was always laughing when something funny happened or when they said something fun but after a few seasons, she fell asleep with her head resting in my shoulder. I decided to put her in my bed because all the room were occupied and when I was about to leave I heard Lydia waking up.

"Klaus?" She said making me turn to see her, she looked so cute.

"Hey! You fell asleep so I decided to lay you down in my bed so you could be more comfortable..." I said and she gave me a shy smile which made me smirk.

"I better go to Marie's motel."

"You can stay here tonight."

"Thank you but I prefer go to Marie's motel." She said and then left.

Caroline's POV

I went to my room in Marie's motel and there was a voice inside of me making my head spin around, What were you thinking? You can't be with Klaus, first he doesn't know that you are Caroline adorned and second if you be with Klaus you put him and his family in risk and he already as too much to worried about. Klaus is not for you. You can't be with Klaus for how much you want. You know what's your rule, don't put your guard down or you going to get hurt. It was always like that and it will always be like that...