Chapter 6

Caroline's POV

It finally was lunch break, so I walked over to Klaus's table, when I seat in front of me he gave me a smirk.

"Missing me already, love?" He asked and I roll my eyes but couldn't help but smile a little.

"I was wondering if you thought I could go to the Quarter to see how is Hope... She probably is okay with have some company, or...?"

"You can go to the Quarter whenever you like and not just for my daughter and believe me right now you won't find her, first she cries then she break stuff and then she turns into a wolf and walks in the middle of the woods to calm down..." He told me and I was surprised but also happy about how well he knows his daughter, because it means that even him being the Hybrid that everyone fears of, he is also a dedicated and caring parent.

"Well, if is like that I better eat something and go back to work."

"No way." Klaus said making me gave him a look but he fake he didn't saw and call the manager.

"Do you mind to close the bar for this afternoon?" Klaus asked without compelling him and the guy just nodded really quickly.

"Why did he react like that?"

"He's afraid of me..." Klaus said like was nothing while we walked over to the bar.

"Why is that?"

"Because I'm the hybrid!"

"Oh, right... The big bad hybrid that everyone fears of" I said rolling my eyes.

"Why did you never show any fear towards me?" He asked from the sudden suspicious, I wanted to say that it was because I knew him but if I told him that I needed to tell him that I was Caroline and I didn't want to put more people after him.

"Because I try not jump to conclusions. Yes, I heard a lot of stuff about you and most of that was not exactly good but I somehow understand somethings that people thought were incomprehensible..." I said.

"Like what?" He asked really curious.

"Like dagger your siblings but it's not my place to talk about it... I just think sometimes about what you done like all the supernatural creatures."

"How do you know about that?"

"People talk Klaus." I simply said.

"I thought we had agreed on Nik..." Klaus said with a little disappointment in his face.

"Sorry, I'm still not used to..." I said and gave him a shy smile, I don't even know why... Yes, you know why, a voice inside my head said and then I realized we were on the Quarter and there's not a sound of anyone being here.

"But why do you say you understand me?"

"I might be wrong and please try not to take as an offense or something like that but I believe that you did that to your brother not just because you tried to protect them sometimes from themselves but also because you had fear of be alone..." I said and he just stay there looking at me, it almost seemed like he was battling himself about what he should or shouldn't do.

"It was that a judgment that I heard?" Klaus asked now with his poker face, not showing me what he was feeling right now if anger, sadness, hurt or what...

"No. It was not like that. It was what I think and I believe that I would probably do the same that you did or worst if I had pass through the same stuff you did."

"So... You don't think I'm a monster?" He asked almost surprised.

"No... You're just someone who passed through a lot and sometimes doesn't know how to handle some stuff, at least is what I think." I told him and he gave me a small smile.

"Thank you... For trying to understand me instead of immediately jump in conclusions and judge me like if I was a monster."

"I could never think about you as a monster. Just the way you are to your daughter, make everyone see that you can be caring, loving, nice and funny." I told him and he smirk.

"You think that I am all that?" He asked smirking.

"Don't get cocky..." I said smiling.

"It's impossible not be cocky when I get so many compliments by such an incredible woman" he said making me blush.