Chapter 4

Caroline's POV

I went to the bar and start to prepare everything to opened the bar, after a few minutes I opened the bar for costumers and Hope was still not here but it was okay because there was only a couple of people and I was handling everything just fine, I was now preparing a beer when Hope appeared.

"Hey!"

"Hello! What happened? Why didn't you stay in the quarter last night?"

"I didn't want to bother you or your family and I had my stuff in Marie's motel..." I lied, I hated to lie to her but I needed to do it.

"You know tags your not a bother to us, right?"

"You guys barely know me..."

"We are used to have enemies plotting against us all the time, and I'm a great judge of character." She said with a smile then added "And even that we aren't best friends, I can see your a good person."

"Thank you. You're a good person too."

"I kind of am." She said making me chuckle.

"Hello!" Klaus said appearing from nowhere.

"Hi Dad!"

"Hey Klaus! Now if you excuse me I better go see the costumers." I said and start to attending the costumers.

Niklaus's POV

"Is Lydia mad at me?" I asked Hope.

"No, at least I think not. Why? What did you do?" Hope asked me.

"First I didn't do anything and second why did you thought I was the guilty?"

"Because you are the guy in the scenario" Hope said then added "But why do you think she's mad at you?"

"When I appeared she went to the costumers and just said hey."

"Dad, she barely knows us. But may I know why my dear father is so interest about if some girl is mad or not with him?" Hope asked me with a teasing voice.

"Don't make fun of me. I am your father."

"I am your daughter, my job is make fun of you." She said and I gave her a look "I'm just kidding. Do you really like her?"

"What? Don't get ahead of yourself. I just was wondering..."

"Whatever you say dad." Hope said and I decided to go talk with Lydia to make sure it was just me making assumptions.

"Lydia" I called her and she looked at me and walked over to me. "Hello again!" I said and she gave me a smile, it almost seemed a nervous smile. "Can we talk, in private."

"I don't know. Hope probably needs my help." She said looking at Hope.

"No. I think I can handle everything by my own for awhile." Hope said and Lydia accepted to go talk with me so we went to the corner of the street to talk alone, because I didn't want Hope to hear my conversation with Lydia.

"Why did we come here?" Lydia asked curious.

"Because I didn't want anyone to hear us."

"You realize that's what the killer says to the victim before killing her, right?" She asked and I looked at her with sadness for she thinking something like that about me. "You know that was a joke, right?"

"Oh..." I said and she chuckle at my reaction of relief. "Well, changing the subject... I was wondering if you were mad at me?"

"No. Why? Should be?"

"No. But it seemed that you avoid me this morning when I appeared."

"What? That's crazy." She said but seemed more like a lie.

"Are you sure?"

"Fine... The truth is that I was kind of embarrassed about last night. I felt asleep and you took me to your room... And we barely know each other." She said and I kind of was relief for that being the reason she avoid me this morning.

"You didn't have to be embarrassed. And about the part of not knowing each other, we can always get together and hang out." I said with a smirk, she smiled and blush a little making me have an even bigger smirk.

"We will see. I don't want to make plans..." She said then added "but there's one thing we can do together now."

"What may that be?" I asked.

"Drinking blood. I'm without blood for 2 days." She told me and I nodded with a smirk.

Caroline's POV

I compelled a guy to come to the corner where was Klaus and he smirked at me when saw our victim.

"Before you drink from him I need to tell you something." I said and he nodded "with me nobody dies, it's the old system of catch, drink and erase."

"Fine." He said and I gave him a thank you smile, then I compelled the guy to not yell and we finally drink from him, it was extraordinary. How I missed drinking blood from the vein and after awhile I stopped, Klaus drink a little more then me but didn't let the guy die, I erase his memory and then told him to go to his house and clean the wound.

Klaus was smirking at me and I didn't understand why, then he put his finger in the corner of my lips, cleaning the blood that I had in there making me understand why he was smirking, he drink the blood and I just stay there looking at him without knowing what to say.

"I really would like to know you better." He said, getting closer to me and leaving us with a few inches away from each other.

"Yes, me too..." I said almost in a whisper then I snap out of it and said "I better go Klaus."

"Okay, but just call me Nik." He said and I nodded with a smile then went back to work.