Chapter 39

Caroline's POV

"We can't." I said more to myself then to him after I broke the kiss and he stayed looking at me confused.

"Why? We want to be with each other. What is so wrong about us that you say it can't happen?" He asked me and I saw he really wanted to be with me.

"This is wrong... You should be with someone that deserves your love. I'm not good enough for you Klaus." I said looking down.

"Don't ever say something like that again, love. You are extraordinary, you care about others, you protect them, you think in the people you love before yourself, you are strong, fearless, you are perfect... I am the one who is not enough for you and not the other way around." He said and I start to fight so the tears wouldn't come out.

"Don't make this harder then already is..." I told him and when he was about to speak, I added "It's because I love you that I am not with you. I am doing the best for the both of us. I can't be happy with you, knowing that you could be with someone that was special."

"Caroline... Don't do this. We both want"

"You deserve someone better then me, smarter, with more culture and a person that you are able to talk about all kinds of things without wondering if that person knows what you are talking about or not." I told him. "It was nice pretend for awhile that we could work out but in the end you would realized that I wasn't enough for you, you will eventually get bored with me and I prefer being your friend then your ex-girlfriend in a few years..."

"That wouldn't happen, love. Why are you so sure that you are not enough? How can you say that I would get bored with you? I'm the one who should be concerned about that."

"Klaus, I am making both of us a favor. We are better as friends." I said and start to walk over to the door but he grabbed by my arm, making me turn to see him.

"Why are you so scare of giving us a chance?" He asked me.

"Because I'm scared how much I love you" I admitted and he kissed me with passion and love.

"I'm also scared. I'm scared of you breaking up with me or realizing that you deserve someone better, but I want to give us a chance... I am so scare of what might happen in the future, but I also want to see. I want to be with you, even if it's the scariest thing in the world... Please, Caroline... Will you be my girlfriend?" He said and I kissed him, he smirked and kissed me back.

"I will." I said after breaking the kiss, he smirked even more and kissed me again and with that we start to making out without caring about the bar.

"Oh my God!" We heard Hope saying, making us break the kiss.

"Hope." We said at the same time.

"Wow! My father and my friend. That was unexpected..." she said to herself.

"Hope, I didn't wanted you to find out about me and Caroline like this." Klaus said and I nodded.

"Are you two together? Like really together? You know, boyfriend and girlfriend..." Hope asked us.

"Yes" Klaus said with a smirk and I nodded with a shy smile.

"Finally!" She said making us looked at her with a confused face. "I'm not blind, I saw the looks you two change between each other. Besides, now that my father has a girlfriend, he isn't so much eye on me..."

"So... You are okay with me being with your father?" I asked.

"Yes. However, if you hurt him, I obviously will make your life a living hell making you beg me for death." Hope said with a smile.

"Wow! You are really Klaus's daughter... Don't worry."

"What can we say? We protect our family." Klaus said.

"And that's one of the many things I love about you Niklaus Mikaelson." I said and kissed him.

"I might be okay with you being together but I don't have to see you two doing that." Hope said making us stop and look at her.

"Sorry..." We both said and then walked to the bar.

" We both said and then walked to the bar