Chapter 23

Caroline's POV

After staying awhile with Klaus and he doing his best to make me feel better, he took me to the Quarter and once I got there, I saw Stiles and Hope talking to each other, but quickly stop when noticed me.

"I'm so sorry to put your lives in risk..." I said breaking the silence.

"You didn't do anything Care. It was just your father that was being blind by hate." Stiles said and I give him a small smile.

"In this family we always find a way to survive. And thinking now about the good side, now you don't have to be here and we can go shopping with aunt Rebekah." Hope said making me chuckle.

"Of course, name just the time and we go." I said with a smile then added "now, if you excuse me I am going to my room."

I walked over to Klaus's room and start to pack my stuff, I lived in here for a few days, got attached to them and that had a horrible consequence, they were almost killed.

"What are you doing?" I heard Klaus asking when enter in the room.

"Packing my stuff to get the hell out of here." I said while avoiding eye contact.

"Why?" He asked making all this even more difficult to me.

"Because it's the best for everyone."

"What? Why are you saying that? You know that is not the truth..."

"Do I? I just stay here for a few day and I put you, your daughter and Stiles in danger." I said "I need to get out of here before something more happen because of me."

"Your father won't torment you anymore. You compelled him to get away from New Orleans."

"Yes. Another reason so I should get out of here. The all thing about me staying here was because my father was hunting me and you wanted to keep me safe now that he won't do anything I should go." I said and got back to packing the stuff in my bag.

"Caroline, I thought we already knew each other too well to stop hiding things from one another." He said while making me turn to face him.

"How do I know that he won't come back? How do I know that something will make him remember everything and he go back to fight me and use your family against me? How do I know that this is over for real?" I asked him and he pulled me to his embrace.

"You'll have me to help you."

"I don't want anyone get hurt because of me." I said while fighting my tears to not get out.

"That won't happen. I promise you." He said when broke the hug and I give him a weak smile.

"Why are you comforting me after what my father did to you and Hope?" I asked him confused because he should be mad about me bringing all this into his life.

"Because I know what is to be on the run and feel alone. I know what it feels like when you don't let anyone get attached to you because you know you don't want to put more lives in risk. I know how hard it is but you don't have to leave in fear anymore of your father, you compelled him to go away." Klaus tried to reason with me but was no use, after all this years I couldn't stop being afraid.

"I need you to compel me. I need you to make my mind know that my father won't come to hunt me again."

"Do you have that much trust in me to ask me to compel you?" He asked me with a shocked face:

"Yes." I said with a small smile and a few moments later I wasn't afraid anymore but I also knew that the feeling had go away because Klaus had compelled me.

"Why do you make sure that I knew you had compelled me to stop being afraid of my father hunting me again?" I asked him confused.

"I don't like to mess up with your mind and I just did it because you asked me to." He said and I gave him a peck on his cheek.

"Thank you." I said with a shy smile then asked "Are you sure you still want me to stay here?"

"Obviously. I want my friend with benefits around..." He said with a smirk making me giggle, while wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him, then kissed me passionately.

"For how much I enjoy doing this. I don't want to do anything without making sure you are alright. Those chains make you weaker and we all seem to need to sleep a little." I said.

"Is Caroline Forbes worried about me?" Klaus asked with a smirk and I rolled my eyes.

"We are friends..." I said. But you think about him not just in a friend way, a voice in my head said.