Chapter 5

Hope's POV

I was getting out of the kitchen with some French fries that a costumer order and I realized that the new costumers were my ex-boyfriend with a hot girl. We never were official because he was too scare of my dad and eventually I found him cheating on me with some random girl, I really liked him and I imagine myself being with him forever but when I saw him with that slut, I realized that I was too blind and the worst thing is that I never told anyone because I don't have a best friend, thanks to my father being The Big Bad Hybrid that everyone fears of and I couldn't tell my family or he would be killed, even that we broke up 3 months ago, sometimes I still think about him, he was the first guy I loved.

After I gave the costumer the beer and the French fries, I walked over to him and the brunette seat next to him like if wasn't no big deal and asked what they wanted to order.

"Just some beer."

"I don't want nothing." The girl said just looking at him.

"Do you sure? Because I think you want a napkin to clean your droll..." I said with a fake smile.

"Don't talk to her like that."

"Whatever." I said and then went to the kitchen so they wouldn't see that I was fighting the tears to not come out, when I reach to the kitchen I finally start to cry and a few second later I heard the door open, I quickly clean the tears on my face and turn around to see who was it, thank God it was Lydia.

"Hope, what happened? Why have you been crying?" Lydia asked concerned and I felt a few tears running from my eyes and in a blink she hugged me. "You can talk with me. What happened?"

"You need to promise not tell anyone, not even my father. Specially not my father." I asked her and she nodded. "No one knows this, not even my family. But the truth is that I had a boyfriend and we broke up 3 months ago because..." I was saying but I couldn't help but cry again and she looked at me really concerned then I clean the tears once more and continue "because one day I was trying make him a surprise and went to his house, ending up being the one who was surprised."

"No... He didn't." Lydia said understanding what happened. "He cheated on you?"

"Yes" I manage to say and cry again then she hugged me once more to comfort me, but we got interrupted with the sound of the door opening, it was my father.

"Hope I heard you cry. What happened?" He asked and right now I couldn't think in a lie to tell him.

"A really good friend of her turn out to be someone she thought she wasn't..." Lydia lied for me and I gave her a weak thank you smile for lying for me.

"Well, Hope you should go home. I can handle this for today."

"Thank you." I said and walk to the door

"Wit for me, honey." My father said making me turn to see him.

"Dad, I know that you just want to help me but right now I need to be alone for awhile." I said because I just wanted to go to my bedroom and maybe break a few things to calm down.

"But..."

"Klaus, give her her space." Lydia said and after a few hesitant seconds he nodded, I gave him a kiss on the cheek and then took a walk to free my mind.