Mentors and New Names

Felix's pov

Today's the day that the three of us have been waiting for.We get to be apprentices!Every hair on my ginger fur was bristling with excitement.I was the only one awake in the makeshift nest and Mark and Jack are still sleeping.A few cats are already awake.Whitewing was busy sharing tongues with Birchfall.

The sun's rays made way through the huge leaves of tree near camp.It's almost dawn.On the Highledge,Bramblestar opened his jaws to yawn,his amber eyes still sticky with sleep.I'm pretty sure that he was about to start our apprentice ceremony.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath the Highledge for a Clan meeting!"he yowled.I ran towards the makeshift nest."Wake up,you sleepy heads.Time for us to be apprentices!"I yelled."10 more minutes."Mark said sleepily."He needs us now."I replied.

Mark's pov
I got up and shook my rumpled fur.The light of dawn making its way through the entrance.Many cats were already there,and I guess we were the ones being waited.I looked down at my lightning bolt mark.Well,goes along with the Clan's name.Hehehe.

Bramblestar stood proudly at the Highledge.As we made our way to him,Lionblaze was looking proudly at Jack.We dipped our heads in respect to him.

A few kits made our way under the Highledge as well.All of them are she-cats.The first one has white fur,thick tail,and green eyes.The second one is a tabby and she has golden fur with dark gold front paws and blue eyes like Jack.The third one has gray fur with darker flecks with blue eyes.

"Cats of ThunderClan,we've come today to witness the apprenticeship of these three kits and three loners."He turned his gaze to the three kits."Frostkit,step forward."The white kit stepped forward."Frostkit,do you promise to uphold the responsibilities of an apprentice and learn the ways of this Clan?"he asked."I do."the white kit replied solemnly.Damn,these kits are taking this way too seriously.They are the next generation of warriors and they needed them so well."From this day forth,until you receive your warrior name,you will be known as Frostpaw."Bramblestar announced.He turned to a white she cat with ginger patches and an injured left eye."Brightheart,you will be Frostpaw's mentor."he added.As the new apprentice approached her mentor and began to touch noses with her,the Clan yelled,"Frostpaw!Frostpaw!"

The golden kit stepped up next."Desertkit,do you promise to uphold the responsibilities of an apprentice and learn the ways of this Clan?"Bramblestar asked."I do."the young kit mewed solemnly."From this day forth,until you've received your warrior name,you will be known as Desertpaw.Cherryfall,you will be Desertpaw's mentor."she nodded.The third kit stepped froward,her eyes glistening with excitement,knowing that this is the day she dreamed of."Berrykit,do you promise to uphold the responsibilities of an apprentice and learn the ways of this Clan?"

As expected,she replied yes."From this day forth,until you've received your warrior name,you will be known as Berrypaw.Poppyfrost,you will be Berrypaw's mentor."The Clan cheered out her name as she she went to touch noses with her mentor.

Then Bramblestar turned to me.His amber eyes pierced mine with sparkles in them.I had to be serious.Looking into his eyes,I saw the times that he himself went through this type of ceremony.That time when Firestar accepted him and mentored him despite of his family background.The question is,what is his family background?And how am I able to see what's going on inside his head?

Maybe...maybe I have powers.That's possible because I'm a part of the prophecy.Right?

"Mark,do you promise to uphold the responsibilities of an apprentice and learn the ways of the ways of this Clan?"No turning back now."I do."I noticed he was eyeing my lightning bolt."From this day forth,until you've received your warrior name,you will be known as Lightningpaw."his gaze turned to a light gray tom."Bumblestripe,you will be Lightningpaw's mentor."he mewed.I went to my mentor and touched noses with him.After that,Jack was Blizzardpaw and his mentor was Lionblaze.I mean,he always wanted that cat to mentor him.Felix became Blazingpaw and his mentor was Berrynose.

Then things began to be a little...interesting.