Meeting the Wolf

Blizzardpaw POV

"Hey,Jack!Wake up,ya sleepy head!"Mark,or Lightningpaw,yelled in my ear.Then I suddenly realized that today's the meeting with Wolfpaw!I had to get to the ShadowClan border and fast!That is,if Lionblaze wasn't busy.

I crept out of the den,making sure about the presence of my mentor.Jayfeather came over with some herbs in his mouth from the elder's den."Uh,Jayfeather?Have you seen your brother?"I asked."Oh,Lionblaze.He's at my den.Got a thorn in his paw."My mentor can be a little clumsy sometimes.I sped over to the medicine cat den."Oh,Blizzardpaw.Meeting with Wolfpaw eh?"How did he-oh nevermind."Yeah.Can I take a break for a sec?"I panted.I'm really on a hurry."Sure.Be careful out there.You can take Ivypool if you want."he mewed,glancing at his injury.He'll last a few hours in the medicine den,being the warrior he is.

I decided to go out myself.After a few crawling under brambles,I was outside of the camp.I ran as fast as I could towards the ShadowClan border.The trees are really pretty.I just loved forests.In video games and in real life.I remembered the stories Graystripe told the three of us about the old forest where the Clans used to live.It was better than the lake,he said.I was busy admiring the environment when  I bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going!"the tom hissed.It was Wolfpaw."Wolfpaw!Sorry,I didn't know it  was you!"I apologized,backing up a little bit."Blizzardpaw!Glad you came.Quick we need to go."he panted.

"Where?"I asked."The lake."he replied.

*at the lake*

"Then I had to run.My brother almost found out where I'm going.He almost found out I'm a spy."he mewed.Looking at the water's reflection made his sadness even clearer.Jeez,his brother's a huge douche."Don't worry.The three of us will protect you."I said.

When we reached the camp,Lightningpaw was waiting for me."Dude,where have you been?Jayfeather and Dovewing wanted to talk to us about something."he mewed annoyingly."What's bugging them?"I asked."Who's that?"Wolfpaw took a step forward."What are you doing on ThunderClan territory?"Lightningpaw snarled.He must've smelled Wolfpaw's RiverClan scent."Mark,chill out!This is the cat I talked to you about."I pointed to Wolfpaw with my tail."You're the RiverClan spy,huh?"Lightningpaw asked."I almost yowled for help.So you wanna stay here huh?"I can see that my fellow apprentice acted a little suspicious."Make sure you won't do anything suspicious."he snapped,bounding away.

*time skip*

Just what I expected.I mean,the looks on their faces could ask one question.What's a RiverClan apprentice doing here?"Just ignore them,Wolfpaw."I nudged him forward."Yes.We're here for one thing and one thing only."he replied.

In the warriors den was Jayfeather and Dovewing.They have anxious looks on their faces and it seems like they went through some tough stuff."What's going on?"they asked."I received a message from StarClan at the Moonpool last night.The Dark Forest is getting stronger.Hawkfrost is going to use his last shot at this battle."Jayfeather said gravely."I guess my brother's into this,after all."Wolfpaw spat.Blackpaw has a pretty appropriate name for a bad attitude.

"Okay,the spy from RiverClan is here."I told them."You must be Jayfeather and Dovewing.I've heard so much about you.Especially from Ivypool.She's the best warrior ever."he purred."So are you gonna stay here for good?"Lightningpaw asked."Any way just to get me away from my brother."Wolfpaw glanced outside."Don't worry.I'll ask Bramblestar if he will allow."Dovewing mewed,her gray tail rested on Wolfpaw's shoulder.

*time skip*

"You want Wolfpaw to stay here in ThunderClan?"Bramblestar asked."He's your nephew,give him a chance."Lightningpaw mewed.His mate and deputy,Squirrelflight jumped down to our level."He kinda looks like Hawkfrost,but I'm sure he will be a better warrior than his father."she mewed."Yeah.He's gonna be one of our spies to the Dark Forest."Wolfpaw flinched.He turned around to face me."I changed my mind.I'm staying here,but I'm never going back to the Dark Forest.Not now,not ever!"he snarled.Squirrelflight took a step back."How dare you talk back to my friend like that?"Lightningpaw skidded to a halt.He let out a growl."Lightningpaw,Wolfpaw,cut it out this instant!"the Clan leader yowled."It's his decision.Not yours,Lightningpaw."he said in a disciplinarian voice.

"But he has to go back!I can't do spy stuff on my own!"I cut in.I need Wolfpaw in this.Feathertail's prophecy can't come true without him!"He's right."a new voice said.It was Blazingpaw.And he had a serious face on.

"Come on,Blizzardpaw is right.Are you a warrior apprentice or a coward?"That question backed Wolfpaw a bit."Answer my goddamn question."Blazingpaw's gaze darkened."I'm a warrior apprentice."Wolfpaw mewed.It was clear that he was afraid."Then prove it to me!Going back to the Dark Forest could be of good help to the Clans.Without information,who knows what's their next attack."Wolfpaw's blue eyes glittered with puzzlement."You're Hawkfrost's son.He trusts you more than the others."I added."Going back will save the Clans."

"But you know what happened once I said no in front of Hawkfrost!"Wolfpaw's tail raised up in fear."Then fight back."Bramblestar replied."I know what it felt like.But there comes a time when you have to resist and stand your ground.Tigerstar seemed like a good father to me but after I found his plans,I decided to say no.So I waited for the right time and here I am."he smiled."You became ThunderClan's leader.Who needs Tigerstar anyway?"Lightningpaw mewed with a smug face.

"Alright.I can't stand around following my father's orders all the time."Wolfpaw agreed:a look of determination crossed his face."That's the spirit!"I yelled.