Hidden Secrets

Just because I am so busy and I have a lot of writer's block moments,here's a really exciting filler chapter to make it up to you!We are about to find out the truth about the mysterious cat that is always watching Mark!

All is peaceful in the land where the warrior was hunting.Her starry pelt is alarming the prey she was about to catch:a thrush,but the ginger she-cat didn't mind.Where she lived,there is always easy catch of prey.The thrush was about to get away but the she-cat pounced on it,claws sinking on her catch.Green eyes narrowed,she knew that this type of prey wasn't enough to satisfy her hunger.But she had no choice.

Just then,another scent hit her nose.It wasn't that of prey,it was a cat's.It was that of a cat whose scent just tells her that she wasn't used to what's she's doing.

"Since when did you learn to hunt like a ThunderClan cat,Brackenwing?"the she-cat asked.Her glittering blue eyes sparkled with curiousity.The WindClan warrior gave the black and white she-cat a playful smile."The WindClan moorlands are close to the ThunderClan undergrowth,Brambleberry."she informed her."Perhaps you think that I always stuck to the warrior code,and you,a RiverClan medicine cat,would blame your warrior Clanmates for always getting into no end of trouble due to some of the mischief they've caused?"she added,her tone was nice even though she was revealing the truth.

"Perhaps you think that I always stuck to the warrior code,and you,a RiverClan medicine cat,would blame your warrior Clanmates for always getting into no end of trouble due to some of the mischief they've caused?"she added,her tone was nice even t...

"That's the duty StarClan has given me,Brackenwing.I have no reason to object against it."Brambleberry mewed,accepting the warrior's catch."We are being called."she added.Looking up to the ginger she-cat,who was about to walk away from her.But Brackenwing stopped,looking back at the RiverClan cat.

"By who?"she asked."You know who."she mewed,her annoyance gave it away."He sure has a problem with his kits,doesn't he?"Brackenwing mewed."Yeah.Let's face it.He has to keep his identity a secret.Or else,his own brother would kill them."Brambleberry mewed with affection,as if she was defending the cat they were talking about."But what about Mark?What will be his reaction?"Brackenwing mewed,walking closely to the medicine cat,as if the two cats have a friendly argument."It will take time to accept."she mewed.

"Indeed.It will take time.But time will also tell,all will be back to normal."another cat mewed.It was a mottled gray tom.He smelled of WindClan,but the scent was unfamiliar."Greetings.I am Branch.I was friends with Windstar,the first leader of WindClan."he introduced himself.

"he introduced himself

"Greetings.We're pleased to meet you."Brambleberry dipped her head to him.

Following the trail that led to the rock overlooking the Moonpool,the three cats could feel the cold night's wind brushing against their fur.Branch recalled this feeling:where he could hunt along the moorlands with his friend,Wind Runner.After a few heartbeats,they saw a black battle-scarred tom looking out in the watery surface.

Letting out a deep sigh,the tom looked up at the dark night sky.As if he was remembering something.He let out a smile as he saw kits in the other side of the lake playing.

"Greetings,Nightstar."Branch mewed.But the black cat didn't hear him at all.Watching the playing kits like a mother would do."I remember them."He mewed,like he was on a trance.A smile crept on his face,as if the memory was a happy one.But when he realized he has cats to talk to,he came back to his senses.

"Branch.It's a long time."his amber eyes were filled with wisdom.But Brambleberry could sense he was trying to hide fear."What is it this time?"Brackenwing mewed crossly."It's been what,moons?Seasons?Or what."the black tom drew a breath."I know you've been on the Twoleg world for so long.But let's face it Nightstar.They're not kits in the nursery.Your youngest one can take down a fox alone."she added.

"I remembered him when I passed the second time around.He missed me.I do in return.But what I fear is that he will get mad at me."Nightstar's tail twitched when he mentioned mad."I guess this is the right time to act like a real  father to him."Branch suggested.His voice was that of a friendly one.The former ShadowClan leader looked up to the sky.He drew in a smile.And a new determination filled his eyes."You're right. I've made many mistakes,but for this,I will make it up to him.And this time,I'll never leave him hanging."he mewed.

"Nightstar,we're StarClan warriors.Have you forgotten what we do?"Brambleberry asked him.The four cats laughed.All of a sudden,Brackenwing's ear twitched."Oh no,not Mapleshade's kits.I promised Ravenwing I'll take care of them.Guess they got their mother's attitude."she chuckled."I'll go hunting."Branch mewed.He licked his lips at the thought of food."Off to find Braveheart.Some important matters to talk about."Brambleberry mewed.The three cats stalked off,leaving Nightstar alone.Wrapping his tail between his paws,he is back to his memory lane again.

"Don't worry,I'll never leave you alone this time.Sorry for hiding secrets from you,but I promise you,all will be well.I never dreamed for you to succeed me,I wanted you to be the best warrior you can be."Nightstar whispered,his eyes were glittering with pride.

"I won't leave you this time."he repeated."My son."

Fewer words for a small chapter.