The Assessment(part 1)

Lightningpaw's pov

"Wake up!I've said it five times already!"Blizzardpaw's loud and Irish-accented voice makes me wanna cover my ears."What is it?"I asked."Duh,Mark.Haven't you remembered?"Right!Today's our last assessment!Time flew by fast.

"Well,what are we waiting for? Let's find our mentors and get on with it!"I ran off.

Bumblestripe's busy talking with his sisters."Oh,Lightningpaw!You ready for your assessment task?"he asked me."Sure am!It's been six moons,you know?"I asked."True."he replied.He then took a good look at my lightning bolt mark.I bet Bramblestar could cook up a warrior name that has something to do with it.

While running towards the Training Hollow,I spotted Frostpaw training with Blossomfall.Ugh,seeing her again makes me blush.Bumblestripe,on the other hand,looked a little proud for his sibling.If I could use my mind-reading abilities.

"Things really have changed since the Great Battle.Blossomfall's getting even more independent.I just hope things will stay the way."

"Yeah.She's a warrior now.She even got her own apprentice!Times have changed,Bumblestripe,she's not a kit anymore."I replied.

"Enough of my rambling

"Enough of my rambling.Let's get to your assessment.How about a hunting test?"he asked.Just then,my stomach grumbled."Oh,Lightningpaw.I can hear your belly making weird noises from here."Frostpaw smirked."Haven't you eaten yet?"Blossomfall asked."No thanks,we'll hunt on our own."I replied.

Once we were out of camp,I walked ahead just to hunt.I passed on some bushes before I smelled something.Prey?Maybe so.I spotted a plump squirrel.I guess this is enough.I dropped in the hunter's crouch just like Bumblestripe taught me.I pounced on the squirrel and locked my claws on its soft fur.I picked it up and carried it with my jaws.Just as I was about to head back,another scent crossed my nose.

On second thought,a brown and white tabby just ran by as if it was in a hurry."Hey,Lightningpaw!"he called."Me?"I asked."Yes,you.Follow me.I just found some prey!"he replied then ran off.Boy,he was fast.We reached the WindClan border and found a blackbird.Before my prey could fly away,I grabbed the opportunity and caught the bird.

"Nice catch.Remember that every opportunity to save the Clans is like catching prey.You have to seize it before you miss it."the mysterious cat mewed.After taking a good sniff,I found out that he was from StarClan."You're from StarClan!"I breathed out."Yes.My name is Beetlewhisker."

"Thanks for helping me,Beetlewhisker

"Thanks for helping me,Beetlewhisker."I thanked him.He dipped his head then vanished.

"Lightningpaw!"I heard my mentor's voice rang across the clearing."There you are!I thought you were by the ShadowClan border!How could you run off so fast!"he scolded me.I can't tell that a StarClan warrior brought me here.They'll freak out!

"But hey,nice catch!Sooner you'll be a warrior in no time."he replied.