The 20th of January 2016

So, after going to sleep at 3AM, I ended up waking up at 5AM. Wonderful.

Once I was awake, I figured I might as well go make myself some breakfast and go take a walk outside, even though It was really cold. I was wearing about four shirts and a jacket.

I had gotten a text from Emilia earlier.

Emilia: Are you awake?

It was only from ten minutes ago.

Me: Yeah. Are you?

It took a while for her to respond.

Emilia: Yeah. Do you wanna go to Uutela?

Me: Right now?

Emilia: Yeah :)

Me: Okay. Let's meet at Kamppi metro station.

Emilia: OK. I'll be there in about 20 minutes ^-^

Me: OK. I'll meet you then.

And then, 10 minutes later than she was supposed to be, she showed up at Kamppi metro station.

"Sorry that I'm late", she said.

"It's nothing", I replied and we took the metro to Vuosaari.

I sat down at the very end of the carriage we went into and Emilia sat down on the seat across me.

"Do you remember when it was still bright at 5AM?" I asked with my gaze locked on the dark outside.

"Yeah. Last summer was a really good one", Emilia answered.

"Let's make this summer even better, yeah?" My gaze turned to her smiling face.

"Hell yeah we will", she replied, and I smiled too.

Emilia put on her headphones and started listening to some music -Presumably metalcore- once the metro set off. I just watched as we travelled through the darkness, only illuminated by the headlights of cars driving past. The metro got to Vuosaari, and we stepped out to make our way into Uutela forest.

So we ended up having some conversation on the hills there. It was pretty cool. The stars were almost covered by the clouds and the light from the city and there was a mild thunderstorm going on to the far left. It was really windy and I honestly thought the trees were gonna fall over at some point.

"Can you believe that elementary school is almost over?" Emilia said.

"Fuck no. The time went so fast", I answered.

"It just flew past like that. We managed to do quite a lot in that time, though".

"Yeah".

"So what plans do you have after basic school?"

"Not much. Go to high school, and from there, probably to some university or something. I'd want to some music school, though. I might go audition to get into the Pop&Jazz conservatory at the end of the summer".

"Oh, nice".

"What about you?"

"I don't know. I'll see if high school or vocational school is better".

"So you don't have a plan as usual".

"Of course not".

There was a bit of silence and we sat there, looking at the few stars that were visible. Then, Emilia stood up.