The 6th of May, 2016

Charlie: you there?
Charlie: sorry for hanging up
Charlie: are you ok?
Charlie: i can call if you want

I called him as soon as I saw these texts.

"Hey! You ok?" Was the first thing I said after he took the call.

"I'm ok, but are you?" He asked. I looked down at my arm.

"Yeah, fine", I lied. I felt bad about lying to Charlie.

"You sure?" Charlie asked, and I felt my heart sink a little bit more.

"I'm fine now", I said and took a deep breath. "But I wasn't last night".

"Fuck, what happened?" Charlie asked. "Whatever it is I'm really really sorry. I didn't want you to feel bad".

"I-", I started, feeling even more guilt. I didn't want Charlie to feel any worse, but I had to be more honest. "I cut myself".

"Fuck", Charlie said, horrified. "Shit, where?".

"All the way down my arm", I said, my voice cracking.

"I'm so sorry I'm so so sorry", Charlie said.

"No don't be", I said.

"No, I have to. This is my fault, so I should apologise", Charlie said.

"No it's ok I promise", I said.

"It's not. I caused you harm, so I apologise", Charlie said. "And you don't need to forgive me".

"No, no I definitely forgive you", I said hastily, shaking in my bed. "I- I love you".

"Babe I love you too", he said. "Now don't you worry ok? You don't have to feel guilty".

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Absolutely", he said. I sniffled.

"Thanks", I replied, and Charlie smiled at me.

"Oh, by the way", he started. "I've hidden some camera's in my dad's house. This project is funded by mum the amazing, because I'm broke, and the next time he fucks with me it's caught on tape".

"That's awesome!" I chimed.

"Well, kinda", Charlie replied. "It's a relief. Now I just have to wait until he abuses me again and hope to god he doesn't find the cameras- or he'll really fuck me up".

"That sounds a lot less awesome", I said.

"Yeah", Charlie said. "Hey where's your blade?"

"It's on my desk", I answered.

"Throw it away", Charlie said.

"Uh, where?" I asked.

"In a trash bin somewhere", Charlie replied.

"It can't be in the house, what if mum finds it?" I said.

"A trash bin outside", Charlie suggested.

"Yeah, sure", I replied.

"And I wanna see you do it", he said.

I grabbed the blade and got dressed and went out to find a bin and threw the blade away.

"I'm proud of you", Charlie said.

"Thanks", I replied and smiled. We spent the rest of the day talking until he had to go, after which I went on my laptop. I had gotten an email and decided to open it, and what I read made me squeal a bit with joy.

I was gonna audition for the Pop&Jazz conservatory on the 15th of May.