Forced Submission

Evadin POV

                             — — —

  Oliver, Geo, and Jessica stayed behind as one of the guards held my forearm hard in the grip of his hand.

             It was when the awkwardness of admitting that I couldn't remember a thing how I came here or what I was doing before I was kidnapped and planted here. Everyone swiftly changed the subject eating their lunch a bit more faster than before since lunch was ending soon. Oliver didn't say anything after I admitted what I admitted, there was a distant look in his eye but no one bothered to question him. For all we know, he was probably remembering how he got here which would of wouldn't be the best of walks through memory lane.

       Right when a ringing bell rang is when guards started grabbing their subjects and dragging them towards the exit doors. Some ready to leave seeing as they already finished their meals, while other guards and subjects struggled to get the last bits of food finish seeing as the guards literally grabbed you by the arm and started hauling you away. In my case, I ate everything too quickly and I still wanted more but the nice constant feeling of having something in my stomach made me feel a lot more better. It made me tired even.

          The guards that dragged me here continued to drag me out of the exit doors which took its toll since there was a lot of subjects inside the lunchroom now. For some odd reason I felt like this wasn't at all natural for a lot of guards or many subjects that might of seem to be here a lot more than a lot of other subjects. I spared a glance at Oliver's guards and Jessica's, even Geo's. One of the guards to my left wouldn't stop looking at Geo with a playful smirk that it made my stomach drop. Again, no matter how much Geo seem to not give a care in anythings notion, he was still afraid. Still cautiously fearful of everything around him.

            Now I didn't have a clue where the guards were taking me now but all I hoped for it would at least be back to the cage. In very weird aspects, the cage was a lot more safer than staying in the lab or anywhere near guards or worse, other mental subjects.

        Dread was soon changing my emotions as I thought of all those people that shrieked inside their cages acting like. . . like wild animals. The desperation to do things that humans wouldn't do. The careless acts that people considered doing to get a meal. Acting sane because of god knows what kinds of drugs they've went through inside the lab. Holding onto that insanity and then loosing it entirely.

        My body cringed. Not just the cringing that your shoulders jump out of uncomfortableness, no, the cringe that wrecks your body entirely like a cold ice cube rolling down your back. Truly, I didn't want to reach that type of persona. I really didn't.

         There was a large line ahead of us but it didn't take long to get to the front. It was a male, much similar dressed like the lady in the servicing area as he gave which guard a pointed stare passing me a glance but that was it as he gave the signal that the guards can continue. As so, they did hauling me forward first as we headed into a hall where other guards stood with their subjects in hand some playfully teasing their subjects while others looked or walked to their stations. Abruptly stopping, the guard on my right looked down at his wrist watch glaring at it to see if he would get a upcoming message for further instruction.

       The guard on my left started to get restless as he kept looking at other guards with their subjects a longing look tracing his features while he especially looked at the guards teasing their subjects that mostly involved sexual interaction." Did you send a message to Bernie? He probably forgot about this kid already." I wasn't surprise how uninterested he seem to be towards me, I was glad. The guard on my right glared at his partner his grip on my forearm tightening a bit more which started to sting." Yes, I've sent him a message but he isn't picking up quick enough. We'll have to wait." The one on my right said calmly with a blank stare which only made the guard on my left seem even more restless.