Speak Of The Other Side.

Mason POV.

                                    — — —

             " Veda I don't know what to think."

Malec was voicing his thoughts while both me and Veda stood off to the side of his room.

It was morning now almost mid-afternoon. David was going to hold up a meeting soon so we could start the mission as early as possible. After wishing goodnight last night when she told me the story about her experience in the other side of Tongass and her confession about her mate I didn't know how to react but feel like complete sh*t. Both me and David basically begged her to go to the other side of Tongass when she was just dying at the thought of even driving pass the opening. I wouldn't blame her, she has to remember everything that happened inside the other side of Tongass.

Now, Veda was convinced to go with us in the mission. I wasn't sure if it was because she wanted closure or if she was insane but she was determined to go even if it meant that both her parents will lash out and now she was trying to make her brother Malec join as well and if not convince him that it was a good idea. Malec on the other hand wasn't so pleased at the idea of his sister going into Tongass with us, he knew everything that happened with Veda's relationship and team members and as well all the creatures that laid within the forest. He wasn't afraid, no, much like he had confidence to fight anything that came near him and his family, what he was hesitant about is how it effected Veda. He probably didn't want to see his sister hurt and be brought back into memory lane about her mate and her team members. If it were me in his position I wouldn't like the idea of Veda even thinking about going on the mission with us.

But Veda was one tough cookie.

" I'm not insuring that I will be fine because I won't be." Veda was mentioning now after a moment of silence and Malec slipping on a gray v-neck sweater as he glance at his sister with his head tilted up to match his stare with Veda." Then why are you even considering going? I won't go if your going to be having a panic attack all the way into the other side of Tongass. I'm not going to watch you suffer and I'm certainly not going to see you die if that's what you wish, death upon yourself to be with Tamas. I won't let that happen." Malec said harshly as Veda glared at him as she shook her head in disapproval." I'm not forcing you to go, I'm simply asking you to help me convince both mother and father. I'm not going to wish upon death on myself, I'm not that cruel and selfish to leave those who I love behind. Killing myself isn't going to change the fact that Tamas is gone, I'm not promising it will be easy walking through there like nothing has happened because things have happened and I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I simply want to help."

Veda gave me a side glance cautious with her words on the last part. I told her about my mate, not much about who Evadin was but simply telling her I had a mate to save in there. At first David only told everyone that both Drew and Amy were here with they're team to save Evadin, to save a friend. Though, Evadin was somewhat of a friend to me I even knew that our relationship was more complicated to even be called friends but it was a title that I was comfortable giving us and I'm sure Evadin thought of us as friends till he thought I betrayed him and kissed him.

Christ, I need to give him a bare hug for even dealing with me in the past.

" Then promise me you won't do anything stupid, I'm serious Veda. I know you enough that you'll do something stupid and I don't want to be there when you do." Malec said crossing his arms over his chest. In a way I could relate to him, having three sisters even when Alice was older than me I still worried about her. Alice in her failed relationships with guys she wouldn't be in the mood to be her energetic self would piss me off because in one of those relationships, a really serious one that lasted about three years the guy broke her heart. She tried to do something stupid because she was that heartbroken, she swore he was her mate when really she was butt-hurt about everything, she was angry that he would dump her after three long years. She even swore that when she came across her mate she wouldn't dare look at them because she told herself she was already in love with someone.