The More You Know.

Evadin POV.

— — —

                " Oh god! I'm sorry! are you okay madam!"

                                         . . .

               " I'm Shane, Shane Williams and you are madam?"

                                         . . .

                              " But Evadin–"

                                         . . .

                      " I'm taking you home."

. . .

" If you want, I could be your bodyguard for the rest of the day or at least for the rest of the senior year. I don't mind at all I like having company during classes so it's nothing to feel bad about."

. . .

" I. . .my younger sister. She lives with my grandparents and she is also homeschooled. My parents didn't take her with us because she didn't want to leave the small friends she had during her stay. Also. . ."

. . .

" My sister. . . her name is Rhonwen. She's not exactly healthy. . ."

. . .

" Skin cancer has many effects. It could be caused by many things. Since Rhonwen's is very rare that doesn't really happen among children. Especially during birth. Her skin cancer and brain tumor are somehow connected; it doesn't allow her to do certain things. Like go outside. . .ever."

. . .

" Its hard to comprehend that type of cruelty. But I hope you understand that I didn't unexpectedly disappear because of our date. . ."

. . .

" She has gone missing. . ."

. . .

"I hope you forgive me. . ."

              Those last words repeated over and over in my head.

            Right when Bernie told me that Shane was the one to kidnap me and take me to this hell I passed out. Between the overwhelming news that Bernie had told me and the state of weakness my body was in, I couldn't take so much. I was emotionally and physically drained.

            Memories of when I first met Shane and the times we had spent together as friends, how we spent our moments with everyone else, how kind and caring he was. I wanted to believe that Bernie was wrong, that Bernie was a liar and wanted to just mess with my head again. But that was one of the things that irritated me about Bernie. He may be evil but he wasn't a liar, Bernie stuck to his word and he carried it out with pride. Even through lies he lined them with truth. He believed that lying and sugarcoating a situation was useless, he didn't care if telling the truth to someone was going to hurt they're feelings, because in the end people don't hate Bernie because of who he is and how he acts in a situation, people hate him for saying the truth, because the truth hurt. It damn well hurt a lot.