Chapter 10: I'll Never Be Safe

I sat in Damon's room for practically the rest of the evening.

I just couldn't grasp my head around it.

How could Jake and Edward be alive? How did they survive? Why would Carlisle lie to me about them dying?

I had so many questions, and I needed many answers. But would I get any answers?

I rolled over on Damon's bed. The pillows, blankets, sheets everything smelled like him. I inhaled the sweet scent. Where was Damon anyway? I got up and went to the door, but in came Damon. I gasped a little.

"I'm sorry. Did I scare you?" he asked. I nodded. And for some reason  I just hugged him. I held him tight.

"I heard about what happened. And I'm going to do everything in my power to help. I love you," he said. I looked into his eyes. It was just so strange how much we loved each other.

Only two days. And then another question popped in my head, Do I still love Edward and or Jacob?  I didn't want to, but what if I still did? I would have to think about that later.

"I love you to. And I thought you didn't know Edward?" I said. He let go of me, and looked down. He was definitely hiding something.

"Damon? Are you hiding something?" Damon finally nodded after a few moments.

"I'll tell you. But I hate telling," I nodded. "But first, I've been waiting to do this all day," he added. He kissed me quickly, and I was enjoying it. He stopped.

"Okay you distracted me from thinking that just not fair," I said. He smiled.

"Alright so it was the summer 1905. When me and Stefan got along. We were in the woods, (by the way we were humans). And then suddenly we saw all these sparkling creatures. I remember thinking they looked amazing. All of a sudden one came up to me. Rosalie. I remember thinking she was one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen," I gave him a look. He chuckled.

"Remember I was thinking. And that's before I known she was a brat. And besides your the most beautiful girl I've ever seen," I blushed a bit.

"Anyways, Rosalie came up to me, and she pushed me across the forest, and before I knew it, everything was black..."