Chapter 53

Serenity POV

Summer and I walked hand in hand down the stairs. I had to say we looked pretty amazing. Although I'm the type of girl who likes when people can't tell us apart, Summer insisted that we wear our necklaces so people knew who they were talking to.

We came to the bottom of the stairs and the house looked like a ghost town. I guess Summer saw my confused look because she said.

"Wait for it." Not even five seconds later, over 40 people jumped out and yelled 'Surprise!'. We both smiled and acted surprised. The biggest smile crept onto my face.

"Mom this is great!" I said to her as she emerged from the crowd of people.

"Anything for my girls!" She said, hugging us both.

"Where's dad?" Summer asked.

"He's umm outside." She said holding back a smile. "Follow me girls." We followed hesitantly. As we reached the front door, blind folds were placed on our eyes.

"Hey!" We both screeched.

"It's just us, Lucas and Chad.. your boyfriends." They said in usion. I grabbed hold of Summer's hand and orbed us outside. When we landed, we quickly removed the blind folds.

"OH MY GOD!!" We both squealed. In front of us were two 2011 mustangs in our favorite colors. Summer's was blue and mine was red.

"Hey! You two were supposed to wait!" Our boyfriends yelled running over to us.

"Sorry we were getting impatient." We said.

"Well, seeing as the cat's out of the bag, Happy birthday girls, here's your gift from me." Dad said, walking over to us and giving us both kisses on the cheek. I heard a low growl escape the lips of Chad and Lucas.

"Hey, hey, he's our father chill." Summer said. They relaxed and we headed inside to enjoy the rest of the party.

As we entered, the song 'Come and Get It' by Selena Gomez came on. Summer and I squealed like little girls. We grabbed Lucas and Chad's hand and dragged them to the dance floor. Before we could start dancing, there was a pounding at the front door. Everyone froze, as mom and dad answered the door.

"How may we help you?" My dad asked, as mom remained frozen in place. Summer and I ran over to them.

"Mom are you alright?" We asked her.

"Are these the birthday girls?" The man at the door asked, with a sickening smirk plastered on his lips.

"Lucas, Chad, get them out of here now!" Our mother screamed. Instantly Lucas and Chad were by our sides, and our father looked ready to fight.

"Why, who is this man?" My father asked.

"He's my father." She whispered. Instantly Chad tensed beside me.

"Wait, why is he here??" Lucas asked moving Summer, so that she was now behind him. I guess Chad noticed, because he did the same with me.

"Well you see, I wanted meet the so called saviors." He said eyeing Summer and I, lust present in his eyes. Lucas and Chad let out loud warning growls.

"You need to leave!" I said, stepping from behind Chad.

"Now!" Summer said, doing the same. Suddenly a rush of power and anger surged through me, as I took hold of Summer's hand.

"Ready?" She asked, I simply nodded.

"Girls, what are you doing?" Our parents asked simultaneously.

"What we were born to do." We said in usion. We started to glow and levitate off of the groud slowly. Everyone below took a step back, as we landed in front of Our mother's father. His eyes went wide as he took a step back from us.