Chapter 7.

"What are you doing here at this hour?" I asked him, a little bit shocked. He scratched the back of his neck, "I just wanted to see you."

"Okay?" I said hesitantly, "you know you could see me tomorrow at school, right?" He shrugged, "I wanted to see you now, so here I am. Are you gonna invite me in, or are you just gonna interview me all night?"

Embarrassed at my lack of manners, I blushed and stepped aside, giving him room to enter. He walked in with so much flair and confidence that I couldn't help but stare at his retreating figure. What is up with this guy? I thought deeply.

"Are you going to stand there all night?" Hunter asked with an amused look on his face. Because I was so deep in thought, I didn't realize that I was still standing by the door. I smiled sheepishly and slowly walked back to the living room, where Hunter is currently sprawled on the couch, making it seem smaller than it actually is.

I sat on the recliner which was opposite to the couch. Hunter watched me carefully, studying my every move. I felt uneasy under his gaze. I lowered my head and started playing with my hands, something I did whenever I'm nervous or uncomfortable.

"So you're dating that Kyle kid, huh!" He said with venom in his voice.

I sighed. Stupid Allison and her stupid big mouth. "You know, I didn't imagine you to be one of those people who listens to rumors."

"Oh really? So it was just a rumor?"

"Yeah..."

"Could've fooled me" he mumbled.

"What is your problem?" I asked, anger building up inside me. Who does he think he is?

"Nothing," he clenched his jaw and stood up from his seat.

"You're leaving?" I stood up too. He didn't answer me though, he just walked straight to the front door. I followed him, "So you came all the way here to ask about my supposed love life?"

"Goodnight, Grace." He didn't even look back. I just stood at the doorway, gaping at his back. He got into his car and drove off to wherever he came from. What just happened?

I closed the door and walked upstairs to my room. I did my usual routine and crawled into bed. My mind was racing with a thousand thoughts.

Blood. So much blood. I stared at the dark silhouette hunched over the still body. I couldn't run; I was glued to where I was standing. Shaking with fear but feeling numb. A small whimper left my mouth and the figure looked up at me. I couldn't make out his face because of the poor lighting in the dark alley. The person got up and started to walk towards me. His long strides were hesitant and slow, creating fear in me. He was nearing me and I couldn't move. Why can't I move? I closed my eyes, waiting for the inevitable when---