Chapter 18.

"This is so good," I moaned and close my eyes in content.

"Wow, who knew all it took was a plate of chocolate pancakes to make you moan?" Hunter smirked at me. I narrowed my eyes at his innuendo, but I couldn't help but smile at the thought of him buying me breakfast.

Let's just say that I'm still in a daze after Hunter asked me to be his. His smirk turned to a dimpled smile when he saw me smiling at him.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Nothing."

"Tell me," I pouted.

"It's just that, I'm really happy. For once in my life," he muttered. I frowned at him.

"What do you mean, for once in your life?" I cocked my head to the side curiously.

He looked thoughtful for a second but shook his head, as if to wipe away the supposed explanation he was about to give me. "Well, I finally got you to be my girlfriend, so why wouldn't I be happy?"

Smooth move.

I decided to drop the subject and let him tell me on his own time. "I'm happy too."

After we were done eating our breakfast at the small bistro, Hunter grabbed my hand and led me to his car. His touch never fails to make my heart race.

"Do you want to go somewhere with me?" Hunter asked as he put one hand on my thigh and the other maneuvering the steering wheel. I turned to look at him and kissed his cheek.

"Yes. Take me anywhere, everywhere." I said dramatically.

He took my hand and placed a gentle kiss on the back of it. He intertwined our fingers and rested it on my thigh. This little gesture made me swoon inwardly.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere private." He said cryptically, giving me a sideway glance.

Why do I even bother asking?

I turned on the radio and grinned when a familiar song came on. I looked at Hunter briefly and saw that he was concentrating on the road ahead.

I lifted our intertwined fingers to my lips, pretending it was a microphone and started belting out the lyrics of the song.

Where do the good boys go to hide away, hide away?

I'm a good, good girl who needs a little company

Looking high and low, someone let me know

Where do the good boys go to hide away, hide away?

Hunter looked at me in surprise and then laughed at my theatrics.

"I didn't know you could sing," he said when I finished my 'performance'.

I shrugged. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me, Hunter Raines." Now it was my turn to smirk.

He smiled at me knowingly before speaking, "There's plenty of time for us to know everything about each other."

"Yeah. Most definitely."

Hunter pulled over after a few minutes and got out to open my door for me. I smiled up at him and he linked our fingers together, tugging me along.

We were at a small beach and I noticed some people were either relaxing on the warm sand or in the water, swimming and playing. I turned to Hunter with a confused look. "I thought you said we're going somewhere private."