Chapter 26

CASSY'S POV

I swung my guitar around to my back and ran over to Dad's arms. "You're here! I missed you so much." I exclaimed, but soon I realized that my foster parents were going to get so mad.

I pushed away and said, "Oh my god, you need to get out of here! My foster parents will kill you."

Billie smiled and said, "No they can't because you're my biological daughter."

My eyes widened and I stuttered, "But I thought, that you weren't, because..."

I trailed off, totally confused and Billie laughed, "There was a mix up with the testing, you're my daughter."

I cheered and we hugged until I heard, "Cassandra! What are you doing?" I turned around to see my foster mom, Natalie, standing there her hair perfectly pulled back into a tight ponytail and her clothes were freshly ironed.

"Mr. Armstrong you have no right to be here. Now you better leave or I'll have to call the agency and report you." She crossed her arms and glared at Billie.

"There was a mix up with the testing, Cassy is my real daughter so I'll be taking her." Billie stated, glaring right back at her.

Natalie's eyes widened and she said, "I think we better call Child Protective Services."

Billie rolled his eyes and replied, "Fine, but I'm staying right here so I can take MY daughter home with me." She walked inside, Billie walking next to me with his arm protectively wrapped around my shoulders.

Natalie snatched up the phone and quickly dialed the number, "Hi, this is Natalie Jenning, I took Cassandra King into my foster home last week." She paused as the other person talked.

Her eyebrows creased and she said, "Well now her so called father, Mr.Armstrong, is here and is demanding to take her back." She turned to glare at Billie but he just stood there with a smirk plastered on his face.

Suddenly her eyes widened and she said, "A mix up? So they are related?"

The person on the other line seemed to say yes because she huffed and said, "Okay, I'll send Cassandra with her father."

She hung up the phone and turned to Billie, "Well it looks like Cassandra can go home with you, I'll print out some forms to sign her custody over to you. Cassandra, go back your things." I nodded and sprinted up the stairs, ecstatic that I got to leave this stupid place. I quickly packed up my suitcase and guitars yet again and I carried all my stuff downstairs.

Billie was signing the last paper and Natalie handed him some forms and said, "Well Cassandra, if you ever need something call me. This house is always open if this child cannot take care of you properly ." My eyes narrowed and my fists shook with fury. No one insults my family, she is going to get it.

"Listen here you uptight bitch, Billie is the best father I could ever ask for. He lets me be myself instead of some picture perfect daughter you want me to be. I could barely stand living here and there is no way in hell I would ever come back, so goodbye forever." I grabbed my stuff and motioned for Billie to follow, who was standing there looking appalled but I could tell he was proud. I stormed away from Natalie and walked outside with Billie.

Once we were out of earshot he grinned and said, "Cassy, that was awesome! You really stuck it to her kiddo. I always knew you were an Armstrong." I laughed as I piled all my stuff into his car and we started driving back to our house.

XXXXXXXXXX

BILLIE'S POV

I was so happy to have Cassy back, I really missed my daughter. We drove back to the house and I told her to go inside to see everyone. I walked over to the mailbox and pulled out a bunch of envelops.