Chapter 21

Cassandra's POV:

The show went great! I felt so happy yet so empty at the same time. My Mom was supposed to be at this concert. I know she's gone, but I couldn't help but look out into the crowd hoping to see her face and of course I didn't. The fact that Adrienne, Joey, and Jakob were already treating like I'm part of their family made me so happy.

"Cassy you fucking rocked!" Joey yelled.

"Joey! Watch your language." Adrienne scolded.

"I swear all the time and Jakob is younger than Cassy!" Joey whined.

"Yeah, plus I've been touring with Billie, it's fine." I smiled at Adrienne and she just laughed and shook her head. I suddenly noticed I couldn't find Billie, that worried me a bit. Last I saw him, he was on the phone.

"I'm going to get some water." I said getting away from Adrienne and the boys.

"Hey, uh Mike? Have you seen Billie?" I asked, walking over to him and his wife.

"Yeah, he had a phone call, I think he's over there!" Mike said pointing towards the back of the room.

"Thanks!" I smiled.

"No problem. Before you go, this is my wife, Britt." Mike said and Brittney looked up. Her photos on Instagram did not do her justice.

"Hi!" she smiled.

"Hi! It's nice to finally meet you! I don't have to picture your Instagram photos anymore when Mike talks about you!" I said and Brittney laughed.

"Aw, I feel the same way! All I hear on the phone is 'I love you' and then stuff about you! I'm glad I'm finally meeting you! You're so adorable!" She gushed and I felt my cheeks getting hot.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Mommy! I'm tired!" A little boy whined,

"Brix, be polite. Say hi to Billie's daughter!" Brittney said.

"Hi." Brixton said shyly.

"Hi Brixton! I'm Cassy!" I smiled, bending down.

"I'm Ryan!" A little girl yelled.

"Hi Ryan." I smiled

"Do you like Hello Kitty?" She asked in an adorable voice,

"Of course I do! Do you?" I asked and she nodded happily and then clung to Mike's leg.

I stood up and looked at Mike, "You're family is sweet." I whispered.

"Thanks, squirt!" He smiled and gave me a quick hug.  I walked towards the back of the room, towards the glowing exit sign and saw Billie on the phone, he looked worried. He hung up and spun around. When he saw me, he smiled.

"You did great out there, Kiddo!" He said hugging me tightly.

"Thanks, is everything okay?" I asked,

"Uh yeah. Everything is fine. You need to come downtown to the C.P.S. office, with me, tomorrow at 2." he said.

"Why?" I asked as we walked over towards his family.

"Y'know, I'm not entirely sure. We will find out tomorrow, right?" he asked. I nodded, but I was nervous. "Don't worry. I won't let anything bad happen to you!" He said with a large smile.

"What's going on?" Adrienne asked. Billie leaned in, whispering, and her eyes widened.

"Well, let's head home. See you later Billie?" Adrienne asked.