Chapter 29

Cassandra's POV:

I woke up early, before Billie did so I snuck quietly out of the music room and took a shower. I got out and put on my dark purple dress. It had thin straps so I covered my shoulders with a "Fashionable" short, black zip-up jacket from forever 21 and paired the dress with black high-tops. My mom bought me this dress for Homecoming when I was a freshman and I loved it. I wore it all the time. I thought it was a nice memorial for her death.

I turned on my curling iron and waited for it to heat up. I began trying to curl my hair but it wasn't working. "UGH!" I cried in frustration.

"Want some help, sweetie?" Adrienne said. I met her eyes in the mirror and nodded with a frown on my face. Adrienne laughed and began to curl my hair.

"Thanks, Adrienne." I smiled.

"No problem, you look quite lovely today!" she smiled.

"Yeah, I guess." I sighed as she finished up my hair.

"Come down for breakfast when you're ready." Adrienne said and left me alone. I put the locket around my neck and headed down the stairs

XXX

Joey and Jakob both had on nice outfits but they didn't look over dressed. Billie and Adrienne looked like the poster parents for a new home.

"We should leave." Billie said, he seemed just as down as me. I nodded and brought my plate to the sink right behind Joey and Jakob. Billie gave me one tight hug before we left and whispered into my ear, "Today's going to be hard, but let's try not to cry, alright? Your makeup looks to nice." and I laughed. 

XXX

"Cassandra!" Charlotte called as I stepped out of the car.

"Hi Charlotte!" I said and hugged her tightly.

"How are you sweetie?" she asked,

"I've been better." I said looking down.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." she said.

"It's alright, it happens. One good thing came out of this though!" I smiled.

"Oh?"

"My family." I said gesturing at Billie, Adrienne, Jakob, and Joey. Charlotte put on a sad smile and waved at Billie.

"Nice to see you again, Charlotte." Billie said walking towards us.

"Billie Joe! I haven't seen you in about 18 years! Well I mean face to face, you're around though." Charlotte giggled. Was she, flirting? With my dad! At a fucking funeral? Billie looked and me trying to hold in laughter and I giggled a bit at his expression. She was definitely flirting.

"Yeah, things got a but crazy when the band took off." Billie said.

"You seemed to keep in contact with Kat, and that's a good thing. I wish I could've been there to comfort you when it happened." Charlotte winked. What the hell? I'm standing right here! 

"Yeah. Well its nice to see you. I think we are going to take our seats." Billie said and nodded his head at Adrienne and the boys to come forward. When Adrienne got to him he kissed her intensely and Charlottes eyes widened. He pulled out of the kiss with a smirk and began walking with me to our seats in the front.

"I think she liked you!" I teased.

"She has since we were about 15, she'd always try to get your mom to talk to me. She's fucking creepy! I had to make a point that we are never EVER going to work." he said and I laughed. It was sweet he was trying to keep the mood light for me. I leaned my head on his shoulder as the funeral began.