- c -

okay, so maybe it wasn't going to be today.

that was perfectly fine with michael though. he had wished the same thing every single morning, and had the same internal-reassuring speech every single night with himself.

he didn't tell this to his mom, or his great grandmother, or his best friend Calum, because he knew that they'd probably send him into counseling for obsessing over finding the love of his life so much.

michael knew it was quite possibly the oddest thing in the world how devoted he was to finding his soulmate, but it had just always been his dream. it was the only thing that he could think about all the time every day.

he just wanted someone to love him just as much as he already loved them. he didn't even know them and he already was head over heels for them.

that day at school had been one of the hardest days throughout his entire senior year for him. why you may be wondering?

calum found him. calum had found his soulmate, and it was ashton irwin.
michael didn't know how it was even possible that calum could've found his soulmate before michael. calum didn't even believe in soulmates. at all. not until today, at least. he had always made fun of michael for even thinking about finding his soulmate someday.

but then ashton irwin came walking on into calum's ap psychology class earlier that day on accident while trying to find his younger sister's class to drop off her lunch (he was completely in the wrong place...). and when they made eye contact, apparently the world exploded with shades of 'green', 'brown', 'hazel', and some 'blue-grey'. at least that's how calum described it to him after school.

- flashback -

"michael! hey, michael! wait up!" calum came running down the pavement after michael. michael was walking home like he always does, alone. michael stopped, and turned to meet eyes with calum with a small grin.

when calum reached michael, michael finally verbally responded a short, "hey."

"you'll never believe what happened in psyc today!" calum giggled almost giddily, and michael just cocked an eyebrow at his complete mood change. calum had always seemed to be the more intimidating out of the two of them.

"what happened, cal?" michael asked, and he was genuinely curious because it was starting to seem as if calum were high or something.

"i met him!" calum squealed, and literally spun himself around in a little circle before throwing his arms around michael.

"him? what are you talking abou—" michael began, but he was interrupted as calum started speaking a mile a minute.

"my...my soulmate! my god, michael, he was completely perfect. you know, i never believed you when you talked about how much you'd love to see the perfect person for you walk through that door and you'd just get hit with a wave of complete and utter adoration. but michael! it happened to me! he's probably about my height, and he's got the most beautiful hazely eyes! my god, they're literally all i can see! and michael! your eyes are almost the same as his!" calum exclaimed so quickly, but michael felt like he couldn't fucking breathe at all.

"that's..." michael paused. one, because he was beyond jealous. but two, because it was truly the most amazing thing. "that's absolutely wonderful, calum. i am so fucking happy for you. both of you."

"michael," calum patted michael's shoulder in reassurance. "i swear to god that you're going to find them. you're going to find them, and it'll be perfect."

"i know, calum," michael sighed. he pictured maybe what his soulmate would look like in his mind, and sighed dreamily. "i know i will."