- k -

"michael, it's okay. we can wait. he was probably just about to have sex or something," alex place a hand on michael's shoulder as if to reassure him, but of course it only made it worse.

michael turned and pulled alex into the tightest hug he possibly could and just cried. he cried in joy because he found him. he found his soulmate. but he cried in sadness more so than joy, because his soulmate didn't feel the same at first sight.

"alex, you don't understand," michael croaked out, his voice cracking in a way that broke alex's heart in two. "luke is my soulmate."

saying the words aloud in a hushed voice just made michael cry even more, and alex gasped, and began rubbing michael's back soothingly in the hug.

"fuck, i'm so sorry, michael," alex sighed. "it must be so hard knowing someone's your soulmate, but knowing that they don't feel the same way."

michael almost said, 'oh, like you and jack?' but he decided against that right now.

"i don't know what to do," michael sniffled.

"well, we can just sit out here and wait until they're done, and then we can give luke a judgmental stare as we unpack all your stuff so he gets the idea that we're mad at him, but aren't going to kill him because of some other mysterious reason." alex suggested. michael sighed, and shrugged. it didn't help that everything was blue. it just reminded him that luke was his soulmate right now as he's doing whatever behind that door.

"i thought girls weren't allowed in the boys dorms," michael spoke to break the silence, and alex scoffed.

"who said it was a girl?"

"i dunno, i just can't see luke with any other guy." michael looked down at his hands as he slid down the wall to sit on the floor. michael hoped that no one would come walking through the hallway and see alex and him there with all of their stuff around them.

"you know, you don't have to stay," michael broke the silence once again.

alex frowned as he looked to michael, "do you want me to leave? we just got here, and you want me to leave you alone?"

"not really... i just feel bad making you stay. i kinda want everyone to leave so i can destroy all of luke's belongings, but i don't know," michael shrugged. he didn't really want to do that. he was just upset.

the two boys continued to sit there, and michael pulled out his phone. he sent a text to jack saying: 'now i know how you feel'

a buzz was heard back immediately, and michael looked down to read the text. 'what happened???'

but michael didn't respond, because he just started to cry again, and he put his head down in his lap.

"michael," alex said as he turned to look at michael sympathetically. "i know you're upset, but you are aware that when luke comes out of that room, he's gonna see you crying and wonder why, right?"

michael's mouth sunk down to a half frown, and he immediately began trying to take deep breaths to stop crying. it wasn't gonna do a lot, but it'd do something.

it'd probably been around ten minutes before the door to the dorm finally opened, and a girl came out with her hair thrown into a ponytail sloppily. she wasn't wearing guy's clothing, so that made michael feel satisfied that she didn't get to leave adorned by luke. instead, however, she was wearing some very revealing clothing. michael wasn't trying to disrespect her, but in his mind all he could think were mean things toward her since she'd just been with luke instead of him.

luke's head popped out of the doorway, and when he saw the two boys sitting on the ground looking up at him, he extended a hand toward michael.

michael took luke's hand, and luke helped him stand up from the floor.

"okay that really wasn't a proper greeting earlier. " luke laughed, not releasing michael's hand just yet. "i'm luke hemmings, i'm majoring in chemical engineering, and i love penguins. you?"

michael looked down and saw the fucking divide symbol on luke's finger, and he didn't know whether to laugh or start crying again. he felt like he was on fire. "i'm michael clifford, i'm majoring in mechanical engineering, and i just arrived here from australia today."

"well, michael clifford," luke pushed the dorm room open wide. "welcome to our humble abode."

luke then walked more out the door to help michael bring his bag in, and waved down to alex who was getting off of the floor. alex gave luke a judgmental glare, but luke just looked back at him confused.

"i'm alex gaskarth. i don't go here, i'm just helping out a good friend in getting situated."

"lol cool," luke said. he literally said 'lol' aloud and michael's heart almost melted. this boy was adorable, and michael couldn't even be mad at him because everything was blue.

and it was beautiful.