- uu -

to be clear: im not trying to hate on arzalea. honestly, if lukes happy with her, hes happy with her none of us can change that. this is just a mere fanfiction with arzalea in it :)

the air had grown thicker ever since the girl had entered the dorm room, immediately making her way over next to luke, plopping herself down in the spot michael had previously occupied. michael just smiled sourly. no one had prepared for her to be here. no one had brought her gifts. hell, it was a private get together with only their closest friends, not with the girl that strangely made michael's stomach knot tightly.

michael shut the door lightly, locking it before making his way back over to the circle, sitting down next to jack and harry instead of luke.

"you know, when i mentioned that weed only diet, that wasn't the kind of weed i had in mind," jack whispered in michael's ear causing him to snort loudly with laughter.

of course, then everyone else in the room proceeded to give michael and jack confused stares as they both slapped their legs in laughter, including alex until jack whispered him the joke, causing him to erupt in giggles as well.

"what's so funny?" arzalea inquired, leaning closer to the chuckling boys, causing her sweater to slip down a bit, causing all the boys in the room to cough awkwardly. they were basically all gay, and this girl was wearing a quite revealing sweatshirt to their dorm. any other dude might be turned on, but instead all the boys just kinda rubbed their necks awkwardly.

"nothing, sweetheart," jack shrugged nonchalantly after collecting himself.

"i don't think we've formally met." she extended a hand to jack. "i'm arzalea."

jack and michael exchanged a small glance before jack smirked lightly, "is that a common name where you're from?"

he grabbed her small hand, shaking it firmly before wiping his hand off on his jeans. "i'm jack. can i call you snail instead?"

"jack." michael warned.

"why would you call me snail?"

"like arsnailea." jack clarified. "it's a lot easier."

"jack." michael pleaded.

"it's arzalea."

"i know."

"jack." michael threw a hand over his friend's mouth to shut him up. "please ignore him, he's socially inept."

with that, jack licked michael's hand to get him to release his grasp on jack's face, causing michael to immediately draw his hand away.

"gross, man," michael complained, wiping the saliva off on jack's jeans.

"you can call me snail," she smiled, sitting back so she was pressed right next to luke. "but only if i can call you jackass—"

"enough," luke groaned, leaning his head back so he was staring at the ceiling instead of into michael's pleading eyes.

in perfect timing, a knock sounded at the door, causing michael to shoot up. "maybe this time it's actually calum and ashton."

"i sure would hope so, because i actually bought presents for the—"

"shut the fuck up, jack," alex groaned.

michael opened the door, immediately getting engulfed in a hug from the two boys. "merry christmas, michael!"

"merry christmas, guys!" michael smiled, squeezing them tightly. "holy shit, that's a lot of gifts."

"calum just couldn't seem to figure out just one thing for each person," ashton giggled, wrapping an arm over calum shoulder lightly, their adorableness almost allowing michael to forget about the uninvited guest for a moment.

"oh god, i didn't know we were supposed to get gifts for... who is that?" calum whispered lightly to michael and ashton. arzalea, sensing she was the topic of discussion waved from luke's side.

"i'm arzalea! merry christmas!" she greeted, showing off her gleaming white teeth before leaning closer into luke's side. michael's eye literally began to twitch.

"indeed she is." he mumbled. "don't worry, i don't think any of us got anything for her."

that's what michael thought, at least, until they had begun unwrapping presents in their circle. each person had a mug containing either hot tea, coffee or hot chocolate in their hands, and the plate of cookies sat no more than an arm's length away. they had begun passing out presents and unwrapping them when michael came across a few gifts wrapped in shiny penguin packaging. addressed to arzalea.

"wait, i thought no one bought her gifts?" michael trailed off awkwardly, looking over to luke in confusion, at which luke suddenly took interest in what his fingers were tracing in the carpet. arzalea opened the packages with a squeal, insisting that they were from luke, who just seemed to act lowkey about the whole situation. michael felt confused. luke had acted like arzalea wasn't invited, but then welcomed her with open arms, and already had gifts for her wrapped and under their tree? something felt like it wasn't adding up, and michael wanted to get to the bottom of it.

that wasn't the worst of it all. when they all were leaving the dorm room to go to dinner, michael noticed mistletoe hanging over their doorway. not too big of a deal, until arzalea pulled luke to a stop underneath the holiday item, pulling luke into kiss her as soon as michael turned around to lock the door. seeing that immediately caused a color to appear he'd never seen before, but all signs pointed to green: the color of envy.
michael quickly turned around, insisting luke lock the door as he had just locked lips with arzalea, stumbling off to catch up with his friends.

"what's wrong, michael?" calum pulled michael back a bit so he wasn't announcing to the whole clan.

"no big deal. just witnessed luke and arzalea sucking each other's fucking faces off, but you know," michael spoke quickly, trying not to get emotional. he wasn't going to cry. not today. not in front of all his friends.

calum groaned, covering his face with his hands. "she seems like a lovely girl, but she's driving me up the fucking wall right now."

"it's even worse when she's making moves on your soulmate, and leaning all over him, and kissing him, an—"

"michael, i can't say i've been through what you're going through, but i know this must be really hard for you. i know how long you've been searching for you soulmate, and how much you loved him before you even knew him. sometimes, the devil tries to get in the way of your happily ever after. don't let him win." calum smiled, patting michael's arm lightly before dragging michael to catch up with the rest of the group.

with a friend as great as calum, michael could almost ignore the flirtatious giggles erupting behind him.

thoughts & feedback?

morning update bc i was tired af last night !