- w -

after paying for his food, michael really didn't know what to do with himself. he didn't have any classes that day, and he surely didn't have any friends to talk to besides alex, who he didn't specifically want to see yet, and luke, who had disappeared off the face of the earth. literally.

so michael decided to actually walk around. and that's how michael wound up walking into an arcade. and not just any arcade, one of those really shitty arcades that's connected to a bowling alley and only has games that five year olds could play. but michael walked in anyway, pulling out his wallet to be faced with two lonely ten dollar bills. he didn't want to spend all his money, so he settled with what he could do with ten bucks.

which was basically play one of those dumb, 'shoot the deer!' games. it was really lame.

michael was thoroughly engrossed in the deer game, trying to get his initials into every one of the top ten spots when he heard someone call his name.

"hey, michael!" michael heard while shooting a deer on the screen, his neck snapping in the direction of the voice. he only knew two people, and this surely wasn't one of them. cause if it was, he was just gonna leave now.

and michael saw a tall, lanky, yet muscular-ish looking guy coming his way. his hair was long, and it looked kind of greasy to michael, but what did he know. he had prominent dimples permanently engrained in his cheeks, literally. michael could tell he already had dimples, but he'd gotten dimple piercings in the same places.

michael decided dimple piercings were kinda hot.

and then michael realized this dude was one of luke's friends, and immediately began feeling more nervous about talking to him, but now he was right in front of michael so that was that.

"wow, last night was sick, wasn't it?" he smirked, and michael chuckled awkwardly. he couldn't remember anything.

"yeah, totally awesome," michael responded, mentally wondering what happened and lowkey wanting to ask.

"i mean, i was dying of laughter. you're the best drunk dancer i've ever seen. and when you," he paused to start laughing in the middle of his little speech, michael just smiling awkwardly because he knew nothing. "anyways, i just wanted to say major respect man."

"ha. thanks," michael smiled a sideways smile.

"i mean, you came out to everyone. major respect," dimple dude nodded. shit. that's what'd happened?

"well, you know me," michael shrugged. "you know what to say, the closet can't hold you forever."

"no one says that."

"i do."

"well, i'm pan too, to be fair," he smiled, patting michael shoulder. "but when you said you were he—"

his phone went off, and he pulled it out of his tight pocket, checking a text. his face flushed crimson.

"what were you saying?" michael asked, needing to know what he had said, but the dude just pushed it off.

"i've got to go. bæ is calling." he wiggled his phone in michael's direction. "i've got a date with my roomie."

"oh, okay," michael smiled awkwardly.

"see you around, michael," he waved as he began to walk towards the exit.

"wait," michael called, and the dude turned around. "what's your name?"

"harry," he smiled in response, waving again as he left.

"harry," michael whispered to himself.

he then decided to check his phone for any texts, and he saw quite a few. most from alex.

from alex: shit
from alex: michael
from alex: michael
from alex: where are you we need to talk about this
from alex: shit, michael
from alex: just reply so i know you arent dead
from alex: luke just stopped by the room
from alex: im not leaving until you come here and talk to me
from alex: please bring coffee
from alex: starbucks

and michael saw one from the one person he didn't want to see a text from.

from jack: i hope you had fun fucking with my soulmate. hope yours never talks to you again. fuck you, man.

oh, do i have a tiny minuscule plot twist
for you that i dont even know how to explain.