- dd -

**jack barakat appreciation**

comment & vote

  "jackkk," michael groaned as he watched jack deny his call, dialing the number again, laid down across his bed alone in his dorm room. he still didn't have a roommate, and alex was gone. luke didn't talk to him either.

   the only person he had left was jack, and jack was supposed to be sleeping right now where he was.

   but michael needed to talk to someone. it was eating him alive.

michael dialed jack's number again, pressing the phone against his ear while biting his lip in anticipation.

   "what the flying fuck do you want, michael, it's three fucking a.m. i don't deserve this disruption of my beauty sleep shit." jack exclaimed, and michael chuckled at his breathlessness.

   "yell at me all you want, but i can tell you're more than a wake right now." michael smirked. "i know what you were doing."

   "even if you did," jack coughed awkwardly, "i don't know why we'd have a masturbation conversation."

    "any conversation's better than no conversation," michael sighed.

"you need to make yourself some friends, man," jack spoke, and michael could picture jack rubbing his neck.

   "i tried i'm jus—"

"i don't want to hear it michael. you're a special snowflake. sometimes you just gotta look in the mirror and say to yourself, 'i'm the prettiest princess in all the land'. i do it at least once a week." jack spoke with a yawn.

   "no one wants to be friends with the socially awkward tall guy."

"last time i checked, my name wasn't 'no one'."

   "jack," michael rolled his eyes. "you know what i mean."

"go become friends with luke. or his friends. join fucking chess club for all i care. get out there." jack pushed michael.

   "luke's friends are way too co—"

"no one's too cool for you, michael. you're the author of your life. if you want to be friends with someone, you can do it. you can do whatever you want with yourself if you put your mind to it like i know you will." jack said, causing the wheels in michael's mind to spin like clockwork.

   "jack, you're the best, you know that right?"

"'course i do. like i said, i call myself a pretty princess at least once a week. i'm pretty sure i'm next level."

   "i just wish you were here," michael rolled over on his bed onto his stomach.

"you say that every time we're on the phone together." jack chuckled. "and it's only because we're almost the same person."

   "true," michael smirked. "maybe that's why alex loved me for a bit. maybe he misses you so much and he doesn't realize. you don't happen to know if your eyes are green or...?"

   "oh, they're brown. so are alex's, and my hair, and alex's hair, and your hair actually. it's light, but i can kinda see it. i can also see the light tinges of what they call 'blond' but god knows what it actually looks like." jack rambled. michael was fascinated.

   "so you can see my hair," michael thought to himself. "i wanna dye my hair. i wish i could see other colors so i could decide which would look best."

   "you'd look cool with black hair." jack seemed to shrug, and michael shrugged too. black was common ground, a term they were both familiar with, but it was boring.

   "maybe i'll do black with a tinge of blue so i can see it."

"you should dye it whatever color your eyes are so that luke can eventually see it." jack suggested, and michael felt a little faint.

   "i don't think luke's ever gonna love me. he's been avoiding me." michael sighed.

"you'll get there, you'll get there," jack reassured him while yawning. "well, i'm gonna go to bed so i don't fall asleep in financing again. the teacher is fucking out to get me, man. goodnight michael."

   "it's the early afternoon here, but okay," michael chuckled. "goodnight jack."

and michael decided that he'd do it.

   he'd dye his hair green, and try to become friends with luke's friends, just like jack had suggested.

thoughts & feedback :)

comment something funny or interesting or a song or something idk

goodnight :)