- xx -

HOLY SHITCAKES 5k

   "the jet lag is so fucking real," michael laughed lightly as he and alex made their way through the airport. they'd finally returned home to australia, not because they were on break, but because ashton and calum were getting married tomorrow. the only way michael was missing calum's wedding was if he was literally dead.

   "jack said he was gonna be here," alex mumbled, looking around the crowd for the tall lad.

"he better get here soon, i need some fucking coffee," michael groaned. "how is there not a starbucks in here?"

   "chill out, bro, jack's texting back, the little dots are there." alex rolled his eyes at michael, who was too jet lagged to function. it wasn't his fault he couldn't sleep on airplanes properly, and he hadn't slept much in general recently. he couldn't. not when all he could think about was his lost love. he wanted to focus on something else. dreaming didn't help. dreaming just haunted him even more.

   "let me see that," michael reached for alex's phone, since his own was dead. alex tried to keep it from michael, but michael grabbed the phone from his hands.

   "before you say anythi—" alex began, but michael's jaw was already dropped.

"why is jack's contact name babe heart eye emoji?" michael yelled. "i mean, same, but what the actual fuck."

   "stop yelling, goddammit," alex slapped a hand over michael's mouth to get him to shut up. "if i tell you why, will you never say anything about it ever again?"

   michael grunted a yes from behind alex's hand, and alex removed his hand slowly.

"i'm like, 99.7% sure jack is my soulmate," alex smiled sheepishly.

   "i called it!" michael cheered, going from lazy to overexcited. "i called it! i knew you would fall in love with him as soon as i met you."

  "well, i'm never trusting you to shut up ever again," alex rolled his eyes. "don't say anything to jack, he doesn't know."

   "jack doesn't know what?" jack inquired, causing both the boys to look sharply to the doors where jack came walking in.

   "jack, you're supposed to stay in your car, they're gonna ticket you if you just leave it out there." michael groaned, and jack cussed under his breath before running out the doors once again, causing alex and michael to have to run after him. jack got there right before the security guard got to his car, sliding into the front seat and popping open the trunk.

   alex and michael threw their small suitcases into the back of the car. michael took the backseat while alex sat shotgun. michael thought that was fitting as of what alex had just finally confessed.

   the car ride back to jack's home was probably around half an hour, and filled with small talk catching up with the past few weeks. no one mentioned luke, but that didn't mean that michael couldn't tell that jack was sympathetic. jack knew what had happened, he just knew he could be of no help. so he didn't say anything.

   it was fine with michael, really. he didn't mind listening to other people talk, and it felt nice not to be obligated to explain himself to other people. with family? it'd be a nightmare since last they heard from him he was happy with luke. how simple it had been then. if only it had lasted longer.