The Girlfriends (chapter 18)

I stood on the front steps of Zayn's house, my hand at the ready to knock. Technically, it was One Direction's but I felt so weird calling it that. Memories of only mere nights ago came rushing through my head. I shuddered, as I looked down at my wrist, starring at the bruise Harry had left. It was big and purple, and just plain...ugly.

Liam. He had called me a slut. He had been very mad, and that confused me. Wasn't he the calm, collected one? Maybe there was more to him than the media potrayed.

I let my hand hit bare wood, as I knocked on the large door.

Shuffling and grunting was heard from behind the door. Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe I should have just told Zayn I couldn't come, that I was busy or .....

My thoughts came to a halt as the door swug open. I yelped in shock, taking two steps back.

Standing there, looking so dazed, and confused was Harry, slowly blinking. His curls were flat, and his eyes were a perfect shade. He was all casual, and cute looking. I blinked back at him.

"Hey Vicky", he said awkwardly, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

I reached out, resting my hand on his bicep.

"Harry, it's alright. I forgive you."

His eyes lit up like Christmas, but soon died down when I spoke my next words.

"Where's Zayn".

"Oh", was all that left his mouth.

"Is that Vicky? Is she here all ready? Harry?", said a voice, getting louder and louder as I assumed it got closer.

"Vicky", Zayn cheered, pulling me into a more than friendly hug.

Sure. We we're friends with benefits. Doesn't mean we have to show affection.

Despite my ragging thoughts, I melted into his hug. I couldn't help but feeling slightly guilty as I hugged him back infront of Harry.

Harry and I weren't anything. I mean, hopefully we could be friends but there was nothing more to it. There never would be.

Zayn and I on the other hand, we could be something more. We could fool around and never make anything of it.

I jolted when Zayn pulled me inside the house, slamming the door behind us. I untangled our hands as we walked into the living room.

Standing there awkwardly, I swayed side to side in the awkward silence. Wow, a lot of things sure were awkward.

"The boys and I were gonna watch a movie, so I invited you to aswell".

As if on cue, all thr boys came running into the loungeroom. I felt Zayn had more to say, but he shut up as he was inturrupted.

Niall suprised me by pulling me into his arms and swinging me around.

"Babe I know you can't get enough of the Niallator", he hollered, as I tried to pull away.

"The niallator", I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Your scaring the poor girl", Louis screamed, pulling me away from Niall.

I nodded enthusastically, fake crying into the crook of Louis neck.

Pulling away from Louis, I looked up to see Liam standing in the doorway, quietly watching us.

"I'm sorry", he mumbled.

A sad look hovered over his face. His hair was a mess, and his eyes were bloodshot,,almost as if he'd been crying. I don't think I was the reason to blame. I couldn't possibly be.

"It's okay.....".

I was cut off by a sickly sweet voice entering the room.

"Zayn, baby, who is that I hear", spoke a petite blonde, her heels clinking against the lino.

She entered the loungeroom, and froze as her eyes landed on me. I looked around the room, searching for anyway out. It was then I noticed a brunette slink her arms around Louis.

Holy---she could be a supermodel. Maybe she was.

My eyes flickered back to the blondes.

"What is SHE doing here", she gritted.

"I invited her. Leave her alone."

"But I thought this was a boyfriend-girlfriend thing, who is she dating?", she said bitchly.

Zayn went to respond, but I inturrupted.

"Wait, if this is a boyfriend-girlfriend thing, where's Liam's girlfriend".

"They broke up", Harry muttered bitterly.

It was only now I realised he had entered the room.

"Shall we get seated, and start the movie then. I'll get the popcorn, I'm starving", Niall said, clasping his hands together.

The tension was so thick, Niall only just broke it. Everyone mumbled to themselves before getting settled.

This would possibly be the longest two and a half hours of my life.

A/N. Here is ur update (: !!!!! aahhhh((: watcha' think? vote and comment, and go check out my self-harm poem called 'Here's To the Girl',,,,its an English assignment i wrote(: !! love yeww guyyss!! (: xx.