12

Me and Eric are still in the car. Staring at the stars through the windshield. My head is on his chest and I'm tapping my finger along to his heartbeat.

" You should move in with me. " he says out of nowhere.
I can't help but laugh.
" No Eric. "
" Why not ?" I shake my head against his chest.
" it wouldn't work. " I whisper back. Knowing all the women he has coming through there , including Yvette. I would never be ok with actually witnessing him cheat. I would probably lose my mind. Plus having a place to get away from it all is a good idea.
" You're what matters. Those other women don't mean nothing to me. " I say nothing. I just continue tapping along to his heartbeat looking out the window.
" Stoney ?"
" mmm?"
" did you hear what I said. "
I nod my head taking a deep breath.
" it's just. I couldn't or don't imagine sleeping with anyone else. "
" you not suppose to. " he says laughing. I sit up staring at him.
" whys that?"
He shakes his head and leans in kissing me. I lightly kiss back and then lean back against the window. The sun is up now and my whole mood has changed after the comment he made.
Am I not enough for him?

" I should go back inside. " I say opening the car door. He nods his head grabbing me back in. He pokes his lips out and I lean in kissing him. As always he waits for me to get inside and he drives off. When I come in I hear Anita coming down the hall checking on the baby. She looks down the stairs and turns her head to the side. I look back at her and begin walking up the stairs.
Christian is up by now getting ready for his day. By the time I make it up the stairs he's walking pass us. He kisses mom and hugs me quickly leaving.
" Make sure you tell her. " he yells from downstairs before leaving.
" tell me what?"
She begins walking to her room and I follow her sitting down on her bed.
" I want him to photograph us at the beach. " she says smiling. I smile even brighter.
" something to hang in the house. " she says winking.
" sounds like a good plan. " she nods her head and walks over to her bed laying down. I lay down next to her and she begins stroking my hair until I fall asleep.

One month later 
Everything is packed up in the truck going to my apartment.  Eric has Juwan for the weekend while I get settled in. He's offered to help but I don't wanna see him for awhile.
Christian hired movers once again to bring the furniture in. The apartment is beautiful and surprisingly roomy. 
I walk into the house and see Anita teary eyed.
" do not. " I tell her stopping in my tracks. She starts shaking her head laughing.  She smacks her lips folding her arms.

" you know me. " we both start laughing. Christian pokes  his head in.
" ready?"
We both nod walking out. Me and Anita are in one car and Christian is in his. The moving people are already at the apartment waiting on us. My apartment is the first floor. I couldn't do walking up and down the stairs everyday.
Christian gets there before us and is already bringing in boxes.
" You guys go on in. There's only a few boxes left. " we nod going on. When I walk in I see a huge picture of me and mom smiling at the beach. My heart drops and I look at her smiling.
" you did this ?!" She nods laughing.
" I love it! Mom you look so beautiful. "
" you look beautiful!"
" I didn't know he got this shot!" I walk over examining the picture. She stands next to me doing the same. Christian walks in with the last box and we both look at him. He starts smiling too.
" Thank you Christian. " I say hugging him. He hugs me back laughing.

" Well we better get going. " Christian  says staring at Anita who has tears  in her eyes. I give her a look telling her to stop it. She rolls her eyes walking to the door.
" call me if you need anything. " she says quickly hugging me. I nod my head. Christian throws me the keys to his car. I give him a confused look.
" We can't have you walking , you have a kid now. " he says shrugging.
" you're really the best. " I say back grinning. He nods his head and him and Anita walk out shutting the door. I lock it and turn looking at all the boxes. I exhale with my hands on my hips and start unpacking.

Hours have passed and mostly everything is unpacked. The only thing left to do is to unpack my room which isn't hard to do. I guess I'll go grocery shopping. 
I start going up and down every isle not wanting to forget anything , I really don't even know what to buy honestly. 
As Minutes go by my basket starts getting full.
" Ha look at me. " I mumble to myself chuckling.
" What?" I hear a voice  say I turn around quickly.
" huh?" My eyes get big.
" I thought you said something to me. "He says back laughing. I shake my head quickly
" thinking out loud. " I say back laughing nervously. He laughs with me , he has gorgeous teeth and beautiful eyes.  He's very handsome.
" You're really beautiful. " he says looking into my eyes.
" so are you. "
" I'm beautiful ?" He asks laughing. I shake my head laughing
" I mean. Cute. You're handsome. Yaknow. " I put my head down.
" I know what you mean. " it goes silent and before It begins to get awkward. 
" I'm Robert. "
" Stoney. " he takes a deep breath and then stops looking around.
" do you have a boyfriend ?" My eyes get big the question taking me by surprise.
Eric.
I take a deep breath and shake my head no. 
" Can I have your number ?"
" No. "
" No?"
" I'll take yours though. " I say to him smiling. He laughs and pulls out a paper and pen out of his pocket writing his number down. He hands it to me and I stick it in my shirt.
" I'll call you. " I say walking away. He nods his head. I quickly walk off the isle knowing he's staring at me. The cashier rings my groceries and I make my way to the car.

I finally put all the food away I sit down and dig in my shirt looking at the number. I bite my lip staring at the phone. 
It is 9pm. Maybe it's too late to call. What if he doesn't even want me to call? But then again why would he ask for my number ? What about  Eric? I mean he cheats all the time probably.
I shake the thoughts out of my head and pick up the phone dialing his number. It rings three times before he picks up.
" Hello?"
" Hi. " I breathe out.
" Is this Stoney? "
" you were waiting on my call?"
" something like that. " I can hear the smile through his voice. 
" I would love to see you again. " I smile
" okay. " we both sit there in silence. This time it isn't awkward.
" I didn't think you'd call. ".
" why?"
" I don't know. "
" well I did. " we both start laughing. My doorbell rings and my heart jumps.
" I'll call you back someone's at the door. "
" okay. " I hang up getting up looking through the peephole. I see Eric and Juwan. I open the door quickly  grabbing Juwan. He starts smiling and hugs me back.
" mommy missed my baby!" I say between kisses. I kick the door shut forgetting Eric's even there. He quickly catches it pushing it open.
" My bad.  " I say laughing. I hear him smack his lips.
" Has he eaten?" I ask turning to him he nods his head. I put him down and turn on cartoons.
I look over at Eric staring at the picture  of me and Anita. I walk over to him putting my chin on his shoulder.
" She's gorgeous huh?" I whisper. He looks at me.
" you sure are. " he kisses me , I lightly kiss him. Not wanting to deepen it.
I back away and he notices my change of mood.
"  what's wrong ? " I shake my head.
" tired. " I say giving a fake laugh.
I walk over to Juwan dosing off and I pick him rocking him back and forth.
" I'll call you. " I whisper looking at him. He raises his eyebrows.
" I can't stay?"
" If you want. " I shrug my shoulders walking into the babies room closing the door.