23

For the past few weeks I've been ignoring Eric like crazy. Avoiding him. Going to work and coming home , I went by my old apartment and it was halfway burned up. I don't know how long it's been like that but seeing it depresses me like no other. 
Juwan has been crying getting on my nerves nonstop.  Christian and Anita have been too busy to get him and I don't want to talk to Eric , but it looks like I have too. 
Juwan is screaming at the top of his lungs.  I pick up the phone quickly.
" Hello?"
" come get your son. Now. " I hear him laughing on the other side of the phone.
" on my way. " he says hanging up. I try picking Juwan up and he's screams even louder.
" What? What's wrong J ? Tell mommy. " I whine rubbing  my head.
" Daddddy!" He screams crying louder. I roll my eyes and lean back in the couch frustrated.  It seems like forever but there's a knock on the door and I get up running to the front door swinging it open. Eric walks in and Juwan reaches his little arms for him. He picks him up kissing his cheek.
" What's wrong huh?" He says in a light tone. Juwan stops crying laying his face on Erics neck. I stand there with my hands on my hips.
" what ?" Eric says laughing. I let out a groan going to sit back down on the couch. 
He sits down as well and starts to play with Juwan.
" So what's going on?" He asks looking at me. 
" with ?"
" you've been ignoring  me. " maybe Juwan crying wasn't so bad , I've been trying to avoid this question and conversation for a minute. 
" We need to break up. " I say as loudly as I can without my voice cracking.  He stops bouncin Juwan and looks in my eyes. I quickly put my head down.
" What why?"
I shake my head getting up walkin back and forth. " I just. I need to get my head together. And you're not trying to change Eric. You've always been this way apparently I just. I can't anymore."
I quickly wipe away my tears looking at the pictures on the wall.
He puts Juwan down and he starts  walking around. He walks over to me and my heart starts racing.
" I can change Stoney. "
" I don't believe you Eric.  " I whisper  with my head down.  He lifts my chin gently with his hand.
I move away before he even tries to kiss me ,
" Leave please. " I say pointing   to the door. 
" Stoney -"
" Eric go. Please ! If you. If you don't go now I'll never be able to do this. " I fold my arms looking away from him. He opens his mouth but doesn't say anything. 
" I'm taking Juwan. " he says in an angry tone. I look at him as he grabs his bag and Juwan going to the door.  I walk after him as he slams the door in my face.  The lump in my throat gets bigger as I try to fight back tears.
Anita
All the lights are out in the house. I knew  Christian wouldn't be home , but I wonder where Stoney is. And where my grandson Is. I quickly open the front door shutting it and locking in. 
" Stoney?!" I yell taking off my jacket and throwing my keys down. I hear loud sniffling and a movie playing.  I go to Juwans room first and it's empty , I follow the noise and it leads to my room. I walk in panicking and see Stoney on my bed with cookies , ice cream and a blunt. She's watching an old love movie with Marilyn Monroe in it.  I stand in the doorway with my arms  folded. She's crying her eyes out and her nose is running.
I walk over to her grabbing the cookies and ice cream off my bed and shutting off the movie.
" What are you doing ?" She sniffles blowing her nose. I turn my head in disgust.
" You look a mess Stoney. What are you doing ?"  I put my hands on my hips staring at her. She looks at me opening her mouth then grabbing the cookies shoving more in her mouth crying.
I snatch them back throwing them on my dresser.
" I broke up with Eric. " she says between tears , cookie crumbles falling from her mouth. I roll my eyes grabbing her out of my bed she stands there still crying. I wipe all the cookie crumbs off my bed and I sit down.
" you  said it would be easy. Why did you lie ?!"
" I never said it would be easy. It's gonna be hard for the first few days maybe even weeks. If you don't get better than you know you're suppose to be with him. " I tell her with an attitude  getting undressed and taking my hair down. 
I walk over to her and wipe her eyes. 
" now  pull it the fuck together. " I whisper. She hugs me tightly and I hug her back. 

Stoney
I splash my face with water and dust off the crumbs off my shirt and sweat pants.
" Where is Juwan?" I hear   Anita yell.
" with  his dad. " she says okay and I go downstairs grabbing my keys. I get in the car and start driving to the beach , I haven't been in here in awhile.  I pull up and see one other car parked. I can't tell whose it is and I don't care. I get out and take my shoes off walking in the sand , my feet sinking in as I do.
I walk all the down to the water and let the cold water rush over my feet. 
I feel two hands on my hips and I jump falling into the water grabbing the mysterious person as I do. We both fall in and I quickly get up.
" Man what the fuck?! " I wipe the water out of my eyes.
" girl calm down. " I clear my eyes and see cube. I calm down a little bit.   Still upset about falling into the water.
" What are you doing here ?" I ask picking seaweed off of me.
" I always come to the beach to clear my mind. "  he says walking away from the water and sitting down in the sand. I follow him sitting on the side of him.
" You broke up with Eric ?" He asks turning his head to the side.
I nod inhaling deeply.  He clicks  his tongue and looks at the stars. I exhale laying into the sand closing my eyes.  I feel relaxed for a little while until I feel weight  on top of me. I open my eyes and I see cube smirking.
" Cube what are you doing ?" He shakes his head with the same smirk , he leans down and starts kissing my neck lightly. I close my eyes as he goes lower and lower lifting my wet shirt up and moving my bra up , he starts sucking on my boobs my eyes remain closed . I try to relax and let it happen. But I can't.  I push him off of me and he comes back up looking at me.
" what ?" He asks leaning down kissing me.
I shake my head.
" Just no Shea. "
" you're not with  Eric no more. " he says with his eyebrows dented.
" still. " I whisper shrugging shoulders.  He rolls his eyes rolling off of me sitting up in the sand. I sit up with my hands deep in the sand still. 
It's quiet for the next 30 minutes or so.
" I'll see you later I guess. " I say getting up he nods his head lookin at the sea.  I get in my car driving away.