26

We're driving home and I see Erics car behind us.  He honks his horn and I poke my head out the window. I see him smiling and I roll my eyes leaning back in the car. 
" You're gonna get back with him. Aren't you?" Anita says with an annoyed tone.
" Nooooo. " I say as serious as I can. She rolls her eyes then looks at me up and down.
" ok Stoney. " we both look at each other laughing. 

We get in the house and Juwans knocked out. I get him undressed as best as possible and lay him down taking his chain off. 
I go into my room and my phone starts ringing. I pick it up quickly.
" yeah?"
" miss me yet ?" Eric. I roll my eyes smiling.
" goodnight Eric. "
" I want to see you. "
" no. " I hear him exhale loudly.
" you're not getting off this easy , Eazy. " I hear  him smiling and I'm smiling back.
" fair enough. "
" I know it is. Goodnight Eric. " I say laughing hanging up shaking my head. I hear Anita groan loudly slamming her door. 
I laugh even harder getting undressed. 

Three weeks later. 
I'm unpacking packages at work today's busier than ever for whatever reason.  Customers are coming up to me left and right asking the same dumb questions. I'm bending over breaking the tape on a box. I feel a large hand on my ass making me jump up and back.
I look up to see Eric smirking. I hold my chest catching my breath trying to hide my smile , for these pass few weeks he's actually been trying. Which is shocking.
I shake my head and stand on my tip toes trying to put a juice up on the top shelf. He wraps his arms around me kissing my neck.
" I'm at work stop. " I whisper.
" okay so?" He mumbles against my ear. I finally put the juice up and push him off. 
Customers are staring and I smile nervously.
" What can I help you with?" I ask putting on my fake worker smile.  He looks at me up and down. He reaches over me I inhale is lovely scent closing my eyes as I do. He grabs the juice I just put up and he shakes it.
" thank you. " he says getting closer to me. I nod my head he leans down his lips getting closer and closer to mine. Fight  it Stoney. I quickly slide under him patting him on his back.
" have a good day. " he looks over his shoulder smirking. He nods and walks away. I inhale deeply. Fuck

My shifts over and I get home. I walk in and there's flowers everywhere , from Eric. He's been sending them everyday for the past few weeks. I think they're gorgeous. Christian looks at me watery eyed  sneezing.
" just take him back Stoney before I die. " he says sneezing loud and groaning leaving the room. 
" Where's Juwan?" I ask taking my shoes off.
" Eric has him. " he says before sneezing again. I go upstairs taking my pants off and falling asleep.

I feel a hard slap on my ass I jolt awake rubbing it.
" Wake yo ass up. " I rub my eyes and see Eric sitting down on my bed. I sit up fully trying to not look too dead. 
" Where's Juwan?"
" He's sleep. " he says in a duh tone. I look over read the clock. 3:30am
Damn. I mumble. He kicks off his shoes climbing up against the headboard. I turn to him and he's watching tv. I relax and start watching tv too. The house is completely quiet so Anita and Christian are probably gone. This isn't good. I think.
" How are you? You been good ?" I ask turning to him. He turns to me
" I been lonely. " he says taking off his shades putting them on my dresser. I laugh.
" I'm pretty sure you've had girls to fill my spot. " he shakes his head licking his lips. He slowly climbs on top of me kissing me. I don't kiss back until he deepens the kiss. I start to kiss back then I stop trying to push him off.  He stops kissing me and rests his face on my neck. 
" I've been trying Stoney. What else  do I have to do? " he mumbles.
I bite my lip trying to hold in my smile.
" How do I know you really changed Eric ? It hasn't been that long. " I whisper in his ear.
" It feels like years. " yes it does.
I start sitting up making him move sitting up too looking at me.
" Fire Yvette. " I say in a nonchalant tone.
" She been fired. " he says laughing. My eyes get wide.
" what really?" He nods his head staring at me.
" I told you I was serious. "

Eazy / flashback.
I can't believe Stoney really ain't talking to me , and I haven't seen my son. I really fucked up this time.  I hear my doorbell ring and I run down the stairs hoping it's her.  I open it to see Yvette smiling. She leans in trying to kiss me and I back away resulting in her almost falling. 
She has a red purple mark on her face from Stoney hitting her. 
" What are you doing here Yvette ?"
" I come to work baby. And maybe take care of other things , no?" She smirks her hands on my stomach traveling up. I slap her hand away and I shake my head.
" you fired. " I say opening the door wider. 
" What?!"
" you deaf now ? Leave. " she starts speaking her language and I push her out the door shutting and locking it. 
End of flashback.
I'm staring at Stoney and she has her head down. I gently lift it up and she looks at me with glossy eyes. 
" we been through too much to let it end over some bullshit. " she nods her head quickly.
" I don't want you to hurt me again Eric. "
" I won't. " her eyes get softer but then shakes her head getting off the bed walking out her room , I follow her grabbing my shoes going down the stairs.
" I think you need to leave. " she says folding  her arms. Looking at the ground. I know there's no use in arguing. I put my shoes on and grab my keys walking out the door. She doesn't shut it for a minute , watching me get in the car driving away. 

I get home and see Dre parked outside sitting up on the roof of his car. I get out laughing.
" What are you doing ?"
" waiting on yo ass !" He says laughing. We hug and go to the door unlocking it.
" you ain't never at your house Dre. "
" ain't shit to do over there. You makeup with Stoney?" He asks sitting down putting his feet up on the table turning on the tv.  I take my jacket off grabbing a 40 from the fridge. I sit down across from him shaking my head.
" nah man. She ain't having it.  "
He shrugs laughing
" fuck her then nigga. " he's flipping through the channels and I'm drinking out the bottle.
" it ain't that easy man. I actually love this girl.  " he looks at me more serious sitting up fully.
" I mean shit man. There's only so much you can do. Shit gets annoying after awhile. Begging and shit. " he shakes his whole body laughing. he has a point.  A good point. 
Ren opens the door and stares at us.
" Damn nigga didn't even knock!" Dre says before I can. I start laughing
" this ain't even yo house foo!" He takes his jacket off sitting down next to Dre.
" so what we doing ?" Ren asks kicking his feet up too.
" talking about how whipped Eric is. " they both start laughing. I get up putting the bottle down.
" fuck y'all niggas. " they laugh even harder.
" She still ain't forgave yo ass ?!" Ren yells why laughing.
I shake my head. He shrugs clapping his hands together
" Bitches come and go. " she's not a bitch though.
" Women come  and go too.  Stop being a hoe E. " Dre says right after like he read my mind.
" Let's get sum done in the studio since y'all motherfuckas here !" I say getting up laughing changing the subject.  They all get up following me to the studio.

Stoney
I'm laying in bed twiddling my thumbs. Looking at the phone and the tv. Going back and forth. Wondering if he'll call. I finally give up and just focus on the television. My phone rings and I pick it up on the first ring.
" hello?" I say excited.
" hey girl what you doing ?" I exhale laying back down. It's just Tiffany.
" chilling. "
" well damn don't sound too excited. " she says laughing. I give a light laugh.
" you and Eric still ain't make up?"
" No. "
" has he been trying ?"
" yeah. He's been sending me flowers. Calling every night. Apologizing. All that. " she smacks her lips.
" so what's the problem?"
" I don't wanna get hurt again " I whisper playing with the phone cord.
" so you just playing games with the nigga then? You already know if you gon take him back or not. Don't waste both of y'all time. " I smack my lips knowing she has a point.
" Is that what you called for ?"
" nah I forgot what I called for now. " she says laughing.
" bye girl. " I say laughing. She hangs up and I hang up laying back. Maybe she's right.