14

I wake up to the doorbell ringing. There's a slight bruise on my cheek from last night.  I groggily open the door and there's a man with a hat on with a huge flower bouquet.
It wakes me up and I stare at the man.
" Uh Stoney?" I nod my head. He pushes the flowers in my hands walking away. I lean back kicking the door shut. I put the flowers down on the counter and lock the door. I go back and i get the card that's in the flowers.
I'm sorry again love. It'll never happen again you're my sunshine - Robert.
A smile creeps across my face. The flowers are beautiful it brightens up the whole apartment.  I put them in water and put them on the coffee table in the living room.
I jump when I hear Juwan crying out. I quickly go in his room picking him up taking him into the kitchen.
" Alrighty lets get you something to eat baby. "

Juwans first birthday ~
I pull up to Chuck E Cheese and park. I get out getting Juwan out of his car seat. I walk in and go to the table where I see Anita and Christian and Tiffany. They see me and start smiling.
" Aw there's my birthday boy. " anita says grabbing him kissing him. He starts laughing bouncing up and down.
She sits down and starts playing with him.
I smile at Tiffany hugging her we chit chat for a minute but nothing is really said. 
She disappears somewhere and Anita approaches me.
" Is Robert coming ?" She whispers pulling me to the side. I shake my head quickly.
" no no. He said he doesn't want to see Eric. " I say giving a light  laugh. She just stares at me and then we both look over at Christian whose holding Juwan bouncing him up and down.
" Has he hit you again?" She whispers again.
" no mom. " I put my hair behind my ear looking out the window. She says nothing she just stares at me. I feel like she knows I'm lying.
" okay Stoney. " she raises her eyebrow walking away. When she found out she wanted to kill him. I had to talk her and Christian out of it . I look out the window seeing cars pull up. It's hot and I have to wear a long sleeve due to the bruises on my arms and back.

Flashback -
" Can you just stop?!" I scream pushing Robert off of me. Ever since we had sex that's all he wants to do nonstop. It's not bad but he's no Eric.  I get up quickly walking towards the door I hear him approaching quickly. He grabs me by my hair throwing me to the floor. I look up at him and quickly cover my face knowing  what's gonna  happen next. I cover my face turning towards the ground just in time , he punches me in the shoulder making me fall flat onto his cold tile floor. 

End of flashback

I run my hand over my shoulder lightly. Then snapping out of my daze when I see Eric and his kids comes in. A smile comes across my face , I love that Juwan has brothers and sisters.
I walk over to Juwan that's standing trying to keep his balance.
Eric jr hugs him then the rest of them do. Christian is snapping pictures left and right.
" daddy  can we go play?" Erica asks him.
" of course go go. " Eric jr grabs Juwans hand and they all disperse.
I inhale deeply and me and Eric both stare at each other.
He gets closer pulling me into a tight hug. I hug him even tighter. Him touching me makes me feel better. Makes every pain and bruise go away. I relax in his arms and it feels it so he doesn't let go.
By the time we stop hugging dre and the guys have arrived with their girlfriends. Dre brought his kids as well.
They all smile at me and I do the same.
" Can we talk later ?" He asks. I quickly nod my head.
" of course yeah. "
" I'm gonna see what everyone got Juwan. " he says chuckling walking over to the presents. I laugh glancing out the window. To see Roberts car. My heart starts beating fast. It speeds away after 5 minutes of me staring at it.
" Stoney! Get over here. " Christian yells with the camera in his hand. Eric is holding Juwan and he's smiling like there's no tomorrow. I quickly run over there and Eric puts his arm around me.
" Smile Eric. " Anita says nudging him. He smiles but doesn't show his teeth and Christian snaps the picture.

A few hours go by , many women and some men have asked Eric for his autograph and taking pictures with their kids.  & Of course he said yes. Juwan opens his presents. Of course E out did everyone buying him a baby jeep. The kids have been playing non stop the place is almost closing. 
Me and Eric have been giving side glances  and smiles all night. I miss him more than ever.
Everyone starts to leave. As we're all outside. I'm standing with Eric and the guys. Eazys baby's mommas came to get their kids so he wouldn't have to drive them back.
" y'all might as well get back together. " dre says smacking his lips.
" fo real! " Michele'le says laughing. Me and Eric look at each other smiling.
Anita approaches with Juwan in her arms knocked out.
" I'm taking him with me. " she whispers. I nod my head watching her leave. The guys all say their goodbyes and get in their cars.
It's just me and Eric. Standing there rocking back and forth.
" Wanna come over and talk?" He finally asks I nod my head. I tell him to hold on as I run over to Christian before they drive off. I hand him my car keys.
" Can you drive it to my place ? I'm going with Eric. " Anita and him both smile nodding.
" don't make no more babies. " she whispers loudly I roll my eyes hitting the top of the car laughing.
I start strolling back to Eric's car that's already started.  A chill comes over me i feel like I'm being watched. I look around and see nothing. Eric honks his horn scaring me I jump and walk faster to his car. I get in and lock   the door.
" What was you doing ?" He asks  laughing
I shake my head laughing with him playfully hitting his arm.
When he starts driving my smile leaves me as I look around still feeling like I'm being  watched. He puts his hand on my thigh
" you okay?" I exhale smiling and nodding. I put my hand over his. He hits the freeway driving fast with the wind blowing in our face. This is the first time in a long time that I don't feel stressed or wanting to hurry and get out of the car.
I slide over to him and I get up under his arm snuggling up to his neck inhaling his scent. I hear a loud honk and I jump up looking out the window it's dre and cube. They're honking and hollering. Eric laughs rolling up his window.
I smile laying back down. Minutes pass and we finally get to his house. He parks and gets out walking to his front door. I get out slowly looking around. Then quickly walking to the front door going in after him.
I follow him up the stairs to his room. We both sit down and stare at each other
" So what's new ?" I ask twiddling my thumbs. He shrugs laying back against the headboard.
" Nothing  much. You? " I shrug my shoulders. And look around the room not much as changed.
" I miss you Eric. "
" I miss you too Stoney. " he says back fast making me feel better about what I just said. I crawl up in between his legs putting my head on his chest , he rests his hands on my back making me wince in pain. He looks down at me.
he lifts up making me lift up automatically.
" Are you okay?" I nod my head. The pressure on my bruises caused tears in  my eyes. He stands up and grabs me by my hands. Leaning down kissing me gently. I lean up kissing him back gladly. He starts unbuttoning my shirt and I keep pushing his hands away.
" stop Stoney stop. " he whispers  against my lips. My heart starts beating fast as he gets to the last button he runs his hands up the sides of my stomach up to my shoulders taking off my shirt. It falls to the ground. He goes under my arms to my bra unhooking it and moving the straps so it can also fall to the ground. He steps back and I hear him gasp. I don't even wanna open my eyes I don't wanna see his reaction.
" What the fuck Stoney what happened ?!"
I put my hands over my face as tears begin to fall. He grabs my hands putting them down to my side.
" Look at me. Now. " my eyes slowly open to see his. He eyes filled with anger and sadness. He looks at my body up and down , it's covered with black and blue bruises.
" Tell me what happened. " he says looking at me. I exhale pulling away from him , I know I won't be able to leave or change the subject. I might as well tell him. I lay down on his bed , on my stomach. He sits down next to me stroking my back. I begin to tell him everything , how me and Robert met. The first time he hit me everything.
By the time I'm done he's more angry than sad.
" Why didn't you come and tell me ?"
" I didn't think you would care. "
" of course I would  care. I love you. "
" I love you more. " he wipes  the tears off my face and kisses my shoulder. 
" no one is gonna hurt you anymore. Believe that. You're mine. "