'Fucking Awesome'

I take the guitar, and move my legs so I am sitting cross-legged. Luke moves onto the sofa, giving me my space.

I pull the guitar strap around my neck, and place my fingers on the frets. I take a deep breath. This is first time I have ever sung to the boys. In the set, I just played, and tried to ignore the mic staring me in the face.

'Um, this is called Vapor..' I clear my throat, and begin.

I close my eyes, focusing on my voice. Its so quiet in the room, my voice echoes off of the glass walls. I don't dare open them, nervous to see their reactions. I keep going, liking the sound of my song, and eventually enjoying the experience. I get to the chorus, the climax of the song. I sing stronger than i ever had before, and i reach the notes. I feel the shiver down my spine as i go into my head voice, loosing myself in the music. My finger tips go white as i press down on the strings, and I furrow my brow, concentrating hard. I finish the song, opening my eyes for the last chord, and then look down to the carpet, waiting for their response.

Silence.

I slowly raise my head, dragging me eyes up to the guys on the sofa. They all share the same expression. Shock. Eyes wide, mouth slightly open.

Calum speaks first. 'Daisy, i-' He cuts off, not knowing how to finish his sentence.

'what?' I ask, eager to know their thoughts.

'That was.. truly...something.' He says quietly, staring at me.

'Did you write that?' Ashton says, rubbing his hand over his stubble.

'Yeah. I know its not great, its not quite fini-'

'Not great? That fucking ruled Daisy. Seriously. Its an amazing song. And you have a beautiful voice.' Michael stands, pacing up and down, expressing each word with a hand gesture. 'Fuck.' .

I look to Luke, awaiting his response. But he sins looking at me, he is whispering with the others. Nods and smiles are exchanged between them.

What are they talking about?

'Daisy,' Ashton begins, everybody turning to look at me. 'How would you feel, if we asked you to write with us?'.