Perfect

Saturday 8th October 2016... 2 days before I leave for the tour, and my 16th Birthday.

New Message: Marcus

Happy Birthday! I will come round later at around 5, hope your excited for your present x

Well isn't that a beautiful thing to wake up to.. Its 12pm, and I've just woken up. The midday sun shines through my blinds, and i get that annual warm feeling inside. Im 16! I jump out of bed and slide down the stairs to see my Mum waiting for me at the kitchen table.

'Happy Birthday Sweetie!' She hugs me, holding on for just a second too long, and kisses my head. 'My baby is all grown up' She pretends to wipe a tear from her eye, and we laugh. We sit at the table, and my eyes immedietly find the white envelope addressed to me laying on the table. I grin at my mum, grabbing the letter and carefully tearing it open. I take out the card, a blue one which reads 'Happy 6th Birthday!' on the front. I laugh at the 1 written in biro before the 6... clever one Mum. I open it and read it.

Dear Diz,

Happy Sixteenth Birthday! I cant believe how old you are, my big girl. Im ever so proud of you, you are so talented and I'm so happy that you are finally going to be recognised for it. Please take care on that tour, but remember to still have fun!

Lots of love,

Mum xxxxx

I smile at her, and she beams back, warming the room with her happiness. I go to put the card back into the envelope, but there is something in the way. I peer into the pocket, and see more paper. I take it out, and my eyes widen in shock.

£100!

I look at Mum, the cash in hand.

'Mum! This is way too much!' I go over and hug her, slightly jumping from excitement.

'No no, you need this. You're going to have to get some new clothes for the tour, Im not letting you on stage in those god-awful leggings.' We laugh, she always hated my leggings, she said they were way too indecent. We hugged again, and started discussing the days shopping trip. I agreed to everything, but I mentioned that i had to be back by 5. Mum questioned, but I just changed the subject. I mean, she will know eventually, but all in good time i guess.

-------------------------

4:30, and we just got back from shopping. Honestly, it was a bit of a nightmare. Shopping in town is never really a good idea on a Saturday, but oh well. I did however, spend all my money! I bought the best wardrobe for the tour, and it make me feel even more excited for the shows! I bought 3 t-shirts form Brandy Melville, one navy and grey striped, one black with a cactus sewn on, and a Nirvana one.I also got a new pair of ripped jeans, and a new dress. I also secretly bought new underwear when mum went off to get some lunch. Its a matching set of black lacy bralette and pants... very cute!

I quickly clean my room and do a little extra make up before i hear the door bell go. I rush down the stairs, almost slipping, but eventually made it to the door. I open it to reveal a chipper looking Marcus in a blue shirt . I smile at him, blushing as he shoves a flower to my face. I giggle, the petals tickling my nose. I take the stem, holding the flower out to see it. Its a rose, but its black.

'I remembered how you dont like normal things..' He starts, his eyes sending shivers down my neck.

'Did you just quote american horror story?' I smile, hoping that he actually took the time to watch my favourite tv show.

'Maybe..' He smirks, his familiar smile spreads across his face, as his eyes dart away form mine looking embarrassed. I step down to the path, and wrap my arms around his neck, bringing my face close to his ear.

I lean in and whisper softly, 'You're perfect.'