Special Announcement

'Right, lets go from the top. Everybody! 1, 2, 3, 4!' Ashton shouts from the back, and we all jump into action again.

Its 9pm, and we've been practising all day. The rehearsal space is in this old theatre in the back streets of Edinburgh. Its pretty big, the old fashioned red velvet seats stretching far back from the stage. Tech Team set up our gear for us as we ate breakfast in the seats. I had no idea how much hard work i would be doing today, but now, its safe to say i know. Im so sweaty, we must have practised the set list almost 6 times all the way through.

We run through Hey Everybody and Jet Black Heart then decide to stop for the day. Luke's voice has started to go sore, and Ash's hands were bleeding. It was definitely time to stop. We all gravitated to the seats in the front row, gulping water from bottles and wiping our heads with mini towels. Tech Team and management got up onto the stage to talk to us. Dave spoke first, his legs dangling over the edge.

'Well guys, and girl' he added, gesturing to me. 'That was a good run, but we need to talk about Daisy.' Fuck. I close my eyes wincing, what the hell do I have to do now.

'I'm not sure if you guys realise, but nobody knows about Daisy joining the band. And, as the first show is in 2 days, we really need to figure this out. We all know what the fanbase is like, and the extreme measure they will go to, so we need to devise a strategic plan to break the news.'

Fuck, I forgot about that. The guys look at me, almost in an expectant way.

'Um, well.. we could do a Livestream? I mean, we have to make sure that it can be accessable to everybody in the world, and at short notice I think that would be the best way.'

'Fantastic, that great. Lets do that! Boys, tweet that you will have a special announcement in half an hour on Lifestream. We can set it up in that time, right guys?' Dave asks the tech team, they nod in response, and start to set up computers and cameras on the stage. That was quick.

I watch as the guys pull out their phones, and we start to decide on how to word the tweet.

'Right, lets go with something like "Special Announcement Livestream in 30 mins, make sure to tune in, you won't want to miss it! See you there, love to all xx" '

They nod, and start typing away. They all pause, fingers hovering over the send button.

I start the countdown '3......2........1' The boys simultaneously send the tweet, the release of tension sending a wave of excitement through us all.

We sit in silence as the phones begin to blow up with hundreds of notifications and mentions, constantly vibrating and dinging with all of the messages from fans. Calum reads few out:

'OMG THEY'RE PREGNANT I KNEW IT'

'If Michael's leaving I'm out'

'PLEASE DONT ZAYN ON US'

We all laughed at the last one, Calum favourited it, then we watched all of the comments going crazy. We all chuckle at the strange hysteria.

'Im excited to tell everybody, but I'm kinda nervous about what they'll say...' Luke says, and i agree with him. Like, it is the most random thing ever, who knows how they fans will react.

'I think it will be fine. They will be shocked at first, thats a given, but once they see how awesome Daisy is they will totally understand why we needed her.' I blush at this comment, and fiddle with the water bottle in my lap.

I go on twitter myself and scroll through all of the comments, curious to see what they think the announcement is about. We all go quiet, finally having a moment to ourselves. I stay on my phone, much like the rest of them. Its a fun feeling, I only ever thought about how this signing would affect me, but i didnt even take a moment to think about the millions of fans' lives that will change because of me. I have no idea what effect i will have on the band, hell, even the band's success! What if I completely ruin everything, and no one buys the music anymore, or even comes to the tour? Shit, Im screwed.

-------------------------------------

'Going live in three, two, one.' Nick signals pointing to the boys that the stream is now live on air. The tech team moved a couch onto the stage from the dressing room, and positioned a large camera infront, hooked up to 3 MacBooks, with 3 studio lights and microphones everywhere on the stage. We each had a mini mic as well, clipped onto our t-shirts. Dave wanted the boys to start the stream, and to bring me on later as the 'special announcement.'. We all changed clothes since practice, thank god, i was so sweaty. Lou (our dresser) got out a vintage denim pinafore dress and a pink floyd top to wear underneath. I paired it with black tights and my black docs, and Lou added a smudged eyeliner to my eyelids, making me look punk as. I really love this look, and thanked her heavily for it.

I watched from behind the camera nervously as the guys introduced the stream, careful not to make eye contact with them as to not distract them. I glanced over to the computer that Dave was behind and gasped at the number on the screen. 16,000 + people were watching. Shitt. This suddenly got really scary. I shake the thought from my head, I need to keep focused.

I tune back into what the boys were saying. I catch onto what Ash is saying.

'Well you're probably all wandering what the hell is going on right now and-'

'And we've got this AWESOME SURPRISE THAT WE KNOW YOURE ALL GONNA GO BATSHIT CRAZY OVER' Michael cuts in.

'No swearing!!!!' Calum whines 'Anyways guys, we have this thing and we are super excited about it, and we want you to know that we have been thinking about this for a while now, and we think we should tell you guys about it!' He says muffled, as Michael squishes his cheeks.

'Sooooooooo........' Luke drags, jogging up to the camera throwing a black cloth over the lens. He then quickly signals for me to go on. I jump out of my seat, and tip toe over the wires on the floor. Calum budges up on the couch, creating a space for me next to him and Ashton.I grab the boys' hands, making us look like kids in playgroup.

Deep breath, this is it.

'Here it is!' Luke says, revealing the lens and jumping back onto the sofa next to Calum. It went Michael, Ashton, Me, Calum, Luke and we were all holding hands. Im not sure why, but it felt right.

We all cheered and whooped, them Nick turned round one of the monsters so we could see a few fans watching us. They all gasped with their hands over the mouths, and some looked so confused.

'Meet the new member of 5 Seconds of Summer, Daisy!' Ashton cheered, making me giggle. I sheepishly waved at the camera.

'This is official, no bullshit. Daisy is our new member, she is guitarist and a singer and she will be on SLFL, and any other gig ever. From this day forward, Daisy is the Fifth Second of Summer!'