Nerves

Shit.

'Thank you!' I call after the bloke who woke me up.

I clumsily gather together all of my things, scooping up all of the debris left on the table and dumping it into the bin on my way out. I pick up my guitar and over night bag, and step off the train.

I stand there for a moment on the platform. Unsure of the time or my situation, i feel dazed. As if in a dream, or some kind of de ja vou. I suddenly get knocked into the real world, as a high-pitched shrill rings in my ears.

'Train leaving, train leaving. Stand back from the platform.' The woman in the high vis jacket waves 2 coloured paddles, and i take it as my cue to leave.

I follow the swarm of people up the littered stairs and out onto the busy streets of Birmingham.

Now, i say to myself. Stay calm, get the name of the building.

I pull out the scarp of paper from my jacket pocket.

'32 Ormond St.'

I look up, and walk towards the line of awaiting taxis.

I signal to the driver in the front car, and read him the address. He starts to drive, and says it might take a little longer, as the traffic is so bad today. I reply with a 'don't worry' and continue to get out m phone.

To Mum;

Hey Mum! Just arrived, in the cab now xx

From: Mum:

Glad to hear you are okay! Let me know when you are with Sarah x

Sarah was to be my chaperone here in Birmingham, as i am only 15 and a minor. She is also 5SOS's UK manager. Hopefully this means, wherever they go, i will follow.

Another buzz from my phone interrupts my train of thought.

From : Marcus

Hey D - wondering if you're free to meet up later?

ARGHH... Typical. The one time a boy has EVER asked me out somewhere, I'm hanging out with one of the worlds biggest bands. Life problems...

To: Marcus

hey- would have loved to, but I'm out of town all weekend! Maybe after school one day tho? :(

Gutted. But then again, Ive got quite an awesome excuse. Scratch that. Fucking Epic Excuse.

I listen to music the rest of the journey, until the taxi stopped. I payed him, then hurried out of the car, double checking i had everything.

The building itself was strange. It looked like and old georgian house like from the movies, but it was plonked right in the middle between 2 large modern glass towers. I wander through the double doors, not knowing what to expect at all.

I head towards the desk with a young woman sat behind, with a grungy-edgy look about her.

'Excuse me, I meant to be meeting Sarah here at 2?' I glance at the clock above her, to check i was here at the right time.

'Can I take your name?'

'Uh, Daisy Morrison'

She typed into the computer in front of her, a frown spreading across her forehead.

Oh no.

She opens her mouth to say something, but just as she takes her breath i hear a-

'Daisy?' I turn around to see a short woman running toward me, with the same sort of grunge-look as the other girl.

'Yeah, thats me.'

'Thank god, I thought i was going to miss you!' She tucks a piece of her pastel blue hair behind her ear, revealing several piercings up her cartilage. She looks awesome.

'Do you have everything? Great, follow me.' I follow her, she takes me around the corner from which she ran. We head down a corridor with one blue door at the end.

That must be it. They are all in that room waiting for me. Fuck.

Look to my left, checking my hair is okay in one of the pictures framed on the wall.

Sarah reaches out to grab the handle of the door, and it swings open.

She beckons me to go in first.

I step in, looking straight ahead of me, scared to look around.

After a moment of silence, i say,

'Wher-'

'Daisy! We've missed you!'