Blink

Light filters through the window above me, softly awaking me from my slumber. I blink several times, the image becoming clearer each time. I look down to the blue sheets of the bed, matching the walls. I look around the room, and my eyes fall to the most beautiful thing i have ever seen. Marcus sleeping softly on the camp bed beside me, his head resting on its side, his dark hair spiked up everywhere. Bed-hair nonetheless, he was gorgeous. His face was so relaxed, at peace. It made me smile.

I stretch my arms up to reach the sloping ceiling above me. A quiet moan escapes my mouth as i sit up, rubbing my eyes with my fists. I blink again, but now at the boy staring back.

'Morning' He says louder than expected, a chuckle following. He ruffles his hair, pulling his sleeves over his hands, then looks down to his lap, still smiling. 'Hey..' I groan, my raspy morning voice coming out. The alarm clock goes off on his desk, and he shrugs out of bed to switch it off.

'Wow, I woke up before my alarm! That never happens.' He laughs, placing the clock back on the desk.

'Thats odd, i never do that normally..' I laugh.

'I guess I had someone to wake up for..' He mumbles under his breath.

'What was that? I didnt quite catch it.' I tease

'Nothing..' Marcus blushes, then laughs again. I look away, feeling all fluttery inside. Marcus comes and sits on the side of my bed, and I pull my knees up to my chest, the warm duvet sliding down my shins. I adjust the t-shirt to keep my dignity. 'So, um, it own clothes today, so you dont need to worry about uniform..' He rubs his legs seeming nervous. 'I guess ill grab my stuff, you can get changed in here. You can borrow my deodorant if you want.. um.. if you dont mind, uh yeah. Cool.' Obviously nervous, he grabs some clothes before heading out of his room, almost tripping on his way out. I smile at him again as he closes the door.

Silence.

So this is weird, being in Marcus' room alone.

I slide out of bed, straighten up the sheets a bit, then grab my clothes that i wore yesterday. I pull on my ripped back skinny jeans, the ones that everybody now has from Topshop (ugh), and grab Marcus' deodorant from the shelf. Sure Men's. I give it a whiff to check the scent. Meh, its fine. I spray under each arm, then grab my t-shirt form the floor. Its a bit crumpled but oh well. Its red and white striped with a little alien patch sewn on. Its so cute, I always love wearing it.

A knock on the door startles me. But i realise who it must be, and say come in. Marcus enters wearing black skinny jeans, with a dark grey nirvana t-shirt, and a maroon cardigan. He smiled, but i could sense a feeling of worry in his expression. 'Whats wrong?' I whisper..

'Mum is down stairs, and she cant know that you slept over last night. I'll grab you some breakfast and bring it up here, what would you like?' He smiles, and i laugh at the funny situation. 'Toast is fine thanks'

'One slice or two?' He winks, making me feel more at ease.

'One.. with nutella!' I add quickly, and he smiles as he leaves.

He returns 5 minute later with two plates, both with nutella toast on. 'You read my mind..' He smirks, sitting next to me on the bed. We much on our toast, occasionally pausing to wipe the nutella from our faces. 'Thanks,' I say, swallowing my last bite 'we better get going though.' I look at my watch, 7:45am. We have to be at school at 8, but I'm always a bit late anyways. He nods, taking both of the plates and stacking them on his desk. We both stand, and i head to lace up my black converses. I shrug my jacket over, and go to the door where Marcus is waiting.

He opens the door a crack, to check that the way is clear. He gestures for me to follow, and we sneak across the landing to the bathroom. We slide in, and he quietly locks the door. He joins me at the sink, and he grabs the toothpaste, squeezing it over his toothbrush. I point to the mouthwash, and he nods. I grab the bottle, and take a large gulp of the blue liquid, swishing it around my mouth before spitting. I sit on the edge of the bathtub and pick at my sleeve while Marcus finishes up. He quickly does his hair in the mirror.

'Stop it!' I whisper-shout in a flirty tone.

'What?' He questions

'Doing your hair, you're so vain..' I smirk, my eyes flicker to his lips. Suddenly I'm feeling really flirtatious. I slowly get up, Marcus' eyes not leaving mine, and press my body against his. He rests against the wall, his hands resting on my shoulders. I look at his lips, and bite my own as I stare hungrily. His eyes lower to mine, then suddenly I feel his touch on my mouth. Roughly, he kisses me, slightly biting my lower lip. I smile mid-kiss, my hands exploring his hair, playing with the short strands at the nape of his neck. He does the same to me, his fingers tickling the back of my neck.

'Marcus?' We break apart, jumped by the call from his mother.

'Yes Mum?' He shouts through the door, slightly anxious.

'You'd better get going otherwise you'll be late!' She calls from downstairs. I sigh of relief, thank god. I thought she figured out that Max was hiding me here.

'Yup, leaving now..' He calls, turning to face me. 'You ready?' I nod nervously, adjusting my jacket over my shoulders. He opens the door, and we creep out. He goes first down the stairs, peering his head to check that the hall was clear. He nods to me, and I scamper down. He quickly grabs his keys from the side table, and opens the front door. He holds it open for me, and i dash out. 'Mum I'm gone!' He shouts before closing the door, joining me on the porch. We look at each other and sigh. Phew, that was close. I start to walk off down the road, but Marcus grabs my wrist. I feel him shove something cold and hard into my hand. I look down, and see a Skateboard. I pull a face at him, but he just laughs.

'Come on, it will be way quicker!' He grins holding up another one. I roll my eyes and give in, dropping the board and carefully stepping on. I remember him telling me, weight centred. He jumps not his, and starts to zoom down the pavement making it seem easy. I cautiously push off with my left foot, gliding over the concrete. My hands stuck out for balance, I make it down the road, and meet Marcus at the end. 'That was really good!' He says, looking surprised. 'You're funny.' I joke, secretly quite proud of myself. Marcus sticks out his hand, and i take it, boarding along side him.

We travel down the main road through town without any hiccups from my awful balance, but honestly, I think I'm getting better! We arrive at the school gates, and i feel a heavy stone drop in my throat.

'So, Miss Daisy. This is why you skipped your detention.'