Birmingham

_Saturday, 5th September 2016_

BEEP BEEP... BEEP BEEP...

I reach over to my bed side table, and switch off my alarm on my phone.

Shit, today is the day i leave for Birmingham!

I leap out of bed, hardly containing my excitement, and rush over to my make-up mirror sitting on my desk.

CRAP. I LOOK LIKE SHIT AND IM SEEING 5SOS TODAY. ARGHHH.

I ruffle my hair until it is at its desired spikiness and stick on my tortoise-shell RayBan-esque glasses. Oh if i hadn't mentioned before, Im blind as fuck. I usually wear contacts, but in the mornings i just wear my glasses, I'm too lazy.

I throw on an old plaid shirt and jog downstairs. My mum is already down there in the kitchen, she is leant against the counter, stirring a cup of coffee.

'Morning Diz...' She says sleepily, yawning as she brings her mug to her lips.

I reply with a chirpy 'hey', and grab a banana from the bunch in the bowl.

I walk down the corridor to the hallway, to double check my over night bag. Tickets, headphones, charger. Check. I run back up stairs, already having finished my banana, and head to the bathroom.

I brush my teeth, and practice my smiling face for later. Im going to have to document this monumentous moment in my life, and I have to look at least presentable in half of the pics, so i think practise cant help.. can it?

When I'm done, I walk back to my room, and put on the outfit that i had laid out yesterday.

My baggy dark grey Halsey T-shirt, a short black denim skirt and my dark blue denim jacket, paired with a dark grey beanie. I laugh as I position it on my head in the mirror. It reminds me of Marcus's beanie. I feel a slight blush in my face, and i giggle. I remember the way he held my hands just yesterday, and the slight breeze blowing his fringe from his face, to reveal his heart-melting smile.

I shake the thought from my head.

There are more important things at hand, Daisy. For example, your mess of a face.

I do my makeup, light concealer, slight contour and a tiny flick on my eyeliner and then a coat of mascara.

I grab my purse with extra money in, and i hear mum call me down.

I rush down the stairs, grab my bag, and follow mum out to the car. The drive to the station goes fast, as there arnt many cars out at 8 am on a saturday.

Mum parks outside of the doors to the old ornate station, and she look over to me, smiling.

'Im really proud of you, Daisy. And I'm sorry that i don't tell you that enough. Im so happy that you you're happy, and I know you don't have the easiest time at school, but Im so glad that you have found this talent of yours. Don't waste it.'

She leans over and kisses the top of my head.

'I love you Mum.'

'I love you too, Diz. Now go and catch that train.' She laughs, and i beam back.

I slide out of the car, and take my bag and guitar out from the boot.

I wave as she pulls out of the station, and drives away.

I take a deep breath. I feel like Julie Andrews in 'the Sound of Music' with my big bag and guitar case slung over my right shoulder.

I enter the station, my pre-paid ticket in hand. I smile to the attendant, as he checks my ticket as i goes through the barrier.

'Thats quite a long journey for a young'un like you!' He says chuckling to himself, i cant help but notice his slight Yorkshire accent.

'Its okay, its quite exciting for me!'

'Ah, youth. Don't waste it kid.' He hands me back my ticket and ushers me to the right platform.

Funny. Twice today people have told me not to waste things. Youth, talent. What makes them think I'm wasting it? Im having the time of my life.

__________________________________________________________________________________

'8:41 to Birmingham arriving on platform 3'

I rise to my feet, expectantly waiting on the yellow line, eager to get on.

I rush onto the carriage, nervous about missing it.

I find myself a window seat with a table. Perfect.

I get out my notebook, and my phone.

I turn on to Spotify and play 5SOS, ha no surprise there.

The train starts to pull away. I sigh, 4 hours to go.

I grab my pen from my pocket, and I start to write more on my song 'Vapour'. Its going pretty well, Im honestly really proud of it. I cant lie, all the time i write i cant stop thinking about Marcus.

My favourite lyric so far is 'I want to feel you love like the weather, all over me'

I spend the rest of the journey writing, eating and wondering. Wondering what could happen next. With 5SOS, with Marcus, with my life.

I mean what the hell is happening.

I feel a sudden poke to my right shoulder, and i wake up, confused as to where i was.

'Excuse me miss, we are in Birmingham now, its the end of the line.'