Chapter 4

Ava's P.O.V

" Miss Swan are you paying attention ? " I jump up to what Mrs.Harrison said and quickly nod my head yes.

" So what's the answer " She asked and I look down at my paper.

" Dna " I said in a duh-tone. Mrs.Harrison looks down at her book and nods. I mute her out again as she begins to explain the question to those who got it wrong.

The reason she had to call me out in front of the whole class was because I wasn't paying attention. I am playing hangman with Nick as he gave me a long phrase to guess. The bell dismisses us as the whole class packs their bag and leave.

" You're bad at this " Ncik said and I nod my head while we laugh.

Mrs.Harrison asked us to meet her after class as soon as we walked in.

" I am sure you guys haven't been checking your grades because your participation has been going down " She says showing me and my eyes widden.

" A 52 " Nick said looking shocked.

" Yes I am afraid so" She said.

" Is there any way we can fix it ? " I asked since that is the lowest grade I had in my life .

" Three page essay and a project on what we learned about today due tomorrow " She said smiling. " You guys can be partners and extra points to present in front of the whole class ".

" Thank you so much " I said walking oit into the hallway with Nick right behind me.

We both bursted out laughing as soon as Mrs.Harrison closed her door.

" We didn't even take down notes " I said starting to walk to our next class.

*

I walk up to my friends as they were crowding around Kai's car. They all greet me with smiles and continue to talk. I stand next Kai and wait for him to finish his conversation with Scott.

" Hey , I am going to catch a ride from a friend " I said and he frowns at me.

" With who ? " He asked out of curiosity.

"Nick , it's for a project we have due tomorrow " I said and he nods his head.

"Nick doesn't make girls his friend " Miranda said with a concerned look.

" Can you just do the project with someone else ?" Scott asked in disgust.

" What's the big deal it's just a project " Willa said flipping her brown hair. She always defends me which I love her for.

" Just be careful around him " Kai whispers and I nod my head as he kisses my cheek. His blue eyes just glisten as me as I smiled.

I walk up to where Nick is situated, which is on top of his car, as some girls surround him. I feel myself start to burn up from getting nervous since I never associated with strangers that much.

" What brings you here ?" A tall , buff , blonde headed guy asked leaning closer to me. I back away in fear as some of the girls just stare at me in disgust . I roll my eyes and just smile.

" I am here for Nick" I said looking innocent.

" Oh the new girl is Nick's new fling " Another guy said turning to the other guys. They all make some kind of comment as the girls gasp and walk away upset.

" Guys quit it. She is just friend" Gram said as the guys stop chatting.

" What? He never had a girl that was a friend " Some guy said.